Endgame speaker system

It’s kinda like getting a hypercar just to store in a garage and never drive, but show it off when people come over. I get why people want crazy systems like that, but I feel that half of the time it’s just so they can go to meetups or invite people over to listen to for like 20 minutes with only the best quality music they may not even enjoy deep down. Just old people with too much money on their hands. There are people out there who have serious setups like that and absolutely love it because it allows them to enjoy their music more, but there are definitely some people who much rather value the gear

Yeah this happens in film a lot. Rich kid filmmakers who either buy or get their dads to buy the 40g to 100k cameras they can flaunt but never use for anything other than b roll

1 Like

Yup, having an expensive camera does not make you a good photographer, having a good guitar does not make you a good guitarist, and so on

1 Like

I have an old Porsche. I like driving it more than Porches I’ve driven that are 30 years newer. Different animals move us in different ways. Objectively, there is always going to be something deemed better by some because it is more expensive. There is always going to be something subjectively better because we all have different preferences. However, pure unadulterated joy is something that can be had at nowhere near stratosphere level of expense.

I always pause when I hear terms like end game, best or ultimate because anything more than the point where you feel that pure unadulterated joy is money that’s being spent for others, not for oneself.

1 Like

I actually just sold my porsche because I realized that I couldn’t use it that much half of the year and am using the funds to cover the studio

2 Likes

HA! My wife always “encourages” me to do likewise since I use mine primarily do to autocross events and an occasional joy ride to vent a shitty day at work here and there.

2 Likes

god is this what life is like when people leave school, sign me up

I really enjoyed it and had a fun time, but the winter where I live is pretty bad and I didn’t really race/track/lap whatever it, so I figured it would make more sense to get a full on studio setup and make money from it lol

1 Like

If you make sure to get in a good job it can be lol. I was doing a ton of internships throughout college and have been working my way up with too much work lol

I’m just old and managed to get in on the tail end of when America was great because professional workers were actually not being paid 1/300th of what corporate CEOs make. Otherwise no, if you’re in school and want to actually have a job and make money when you get out, look at IT specifically cyber security or something like that. Otherwise skip school and get a trade, electrician, plumber or such or start a small service industry business. I’m glad I’m getting out soon cause the rat race is hell and only going to get more hellish unless something revolutionary occurs.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Beautiful :+1::smiley:

1 Like

http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_kleinhorn2.pdf

give both of these a read, it is 100% worth your time

1 Like

This is what I actually had in 2015:

Sprks: Verity Parsifals, Triangle Celius 202, ProAc Tablette
Amps: 2 Pass X-150 (vertical bi-amp)
Pre-amp: Pass P, Adcom GFP-750
phono stage: Pass Xono
cartridges: Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Lyra Parnassus
Arm: Souther TQ-1
TT: VPI TNT Jr
CD: Sony XA777ES
Tuner: Kenwood 880D modified
Can: AKG 240 (circa ‘81) - for VTA adjustments (Denon DRA rec for the can)
4 ASC round traps, 4 1/4 round, 12 1/2 round;l ASC sound flags, concrete floor, closet for vinyl stuff, 28’ x 20’ x 8->11’ room, and oh yeah, 12,000 pieces of vinyl.

1 Like