Entry Level DAC/Amp Combo or Stack

What about the Schiit Magni 3+ or Heresy? More than enough clean power for any headphone. And DAC you can go SU8 or Enog 2. SU8 would stack better with the Schiit amps, looks wise it is.

Doesn’t the Magni have issues with grounding currently?

Doubt the new ones have any issues

I don’t think they have any grounding issues whatsoever for their new products

I think the SU8 on the bottom with the Magni 3+ ontop would look nice as a stack

Fair. I’ve been focusing in on the Element II recently because I like the form factor plus the quick switch to speakers from headphones if I wanted. I use my speakers quite a bit on my desk so that’s incredibly appealing to me. I’m not sure if there’s something that offers this in a lower price point than the Element II though.

The SU8 will then be perfect for your speakers as you can control if straight from the su8 with the remote

1 Like

Honestly, in this price range, for an amplifier, I wouldn’t bother with anything but the Asgard 3 if you want Argons to sound how they should. They won’t run properly without enough power, and none of the other amplifiers have the power that the Asgard 3 does.
Asgard 3 all the way :+1:

1 Like

The Heresey seems pretty awesome.

The heresy sounds super close to an atom but just with more power from my experience

Yeah, I just watched Z’s video on the Magni 3+ and the Heresy this evening. If I decide to go “budget” I may look at one of those two, but I’ve been pretty convinced that the Asgard 3s plus the Multibit are worth the $400.

1 Like

I would agree with this imo

2 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like