European places to buy

When you add up to 29% (depends on product) import tax on top, something that is worth it in the US is suddenly not worth it in the EU.

Think i dont know that? Just paid about 30% more from US order than product price…
If you want something, you pay for it and all the additional cost’s.

If what you want it’s only US or somewhere else. What choices is there?
And it still is worth if you still want something. That was the point, rest was mentioned on same post.

1 Like

I recommend a European HiFi thread. All these s a l e s and promos and discounts and new gear on this thread… and most of them only for the US market.
It really annoys me how cheaper it is to be in this hobby if you live in the US. Not to mention some of the best stuff is literally unavailable in the EU market (cough Elex cough)

1 Like

Question is, what are you going to post there. I seldom see good deals on hifi products in Europe, there is one store which sometimes has nice outlet prices, but the brands they sell is rather limited. Other than that you’re basically happy if you can find stuff for not too much over MSRP + taxes without the hassle of importing.
TBH, I have given up. My next IEMs are probably coming from Linsoul.

1 Like

Yeah I know…

Truth be told, I’m kinda interested in people who own stuff like Dali or Cambridge Audio and stuff like that. Dali has some amazing speakers and I always wonder how they compare to Klipsch and the likes. There aren’t many reviews for them other than What HiFi - which is a ridiculous site.

And yeah, my last 5 purchases have all been from Linsoul. Best audio to date

1 Like

I had already compiled a list, which is a community wiki (i.e. you can edit it) Best Places to Buy Headphones and Gear - #9 by Pelontar, but I don’t mind if you want to copy all that into a separate thread.

2 Likes

Could we make this so people can add to the list? Maybe in a separate thread? I do have some stores from the Netherlands that I feel should be up there. I don’t mind making the thread, but I wonder if we can do it so people can add stuff or whether I should just make a thread and then add people’s suggestions.

Can you help us mods? @M0N @Ohmboy @WaveTheory

Can do but where do you suggest we start/move this to?.. it already has a title and is probably in the correct section IE Off-Topic…you can still add your own personal recommendations to this thread, I can’t really see why it needs amending :man_shrugging:

You’re right, I now see I’m the one who created this topic so I can just alter the first post to be a list. Out of curiosity, could I open up that first post so everyone can edit it and add their own stuff or is it better if I just update it with what people mention in the thread?

EDIT: I can no longer edit the original post

Here is another store from UK that I dont think has been mentioned here.

https://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/

Although I dont know what will happen with it with brexit…

1 Like

You can’t change/add to a poll after I think it’s 5 mins Mod or not, I can however turn your thread title into a Wiki not 100% sure what that will do as I’ve never used that option before, it may allow people to edit your thread with their recs…what do you think it’s your thread after all :+1:

I’m a man of science, let’s do it and find out what happens :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Ok buddy let’s see what happens…worst case scenario you can start a new thread and I can delete this one if it all goes tits up lol.

1 Like

It’s added an edit option to your original post so give it a go :+1:

Seems to work brilliantly, thanks!

@Pelontar I’ve copied your list as a starting point!

1 Like

Cool no worries glad I could help :+1:

1 Like

Based in uk specialized in high end
https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/

Aune europe shop based in Netherlands

Based in uk specialized in tubes, huge catalogue
https://web211.secure-secure.co.uk/tube-and-valve-electronics.co.uk/default2.asp

Based in uk specialized in tubes

1 Like

Also…

And another High end store…

https://www.theaudiobarn.co.uk

1 Like

Allows everyone that is TL1 or up (I think, may be configured differently) to add and edit the post.

2 Likes