Ever been tired of listening to music?

Reverse got bored with movies listen to way more music after apple launched its hi-res product. Only time i listen to music is free time or exercise. Not even in the car anymore. Although podcasts if im working on something or long trip. Not sure if that gets counted.

Not ever for me. But I do change a lot. Genre’s, headphones and amps.

The last couple of years I have been home almost every day and have Never listened to music this much. I have LOTS of music on the hard drive and look for new music every week.

It just never gets old or boring to me.

Nah not really but our lifestyle it’s nice to the enjoy the quite, bird song, the kettle whistling or beer being opened…also I work a lot of the time with noisy equipment…so yeah I’ll kickback with no tunes for a day or so, but I couldn’t live without music for long.

6 Likes

Silence can be a good thing. Do what you’re feeling in the moment. I did my 30 minute commute for like a year without turning on the radio–just talking to myself or thinking.

Also, sometimes I don’t really feel like listening to music / headphones, but then I listen for like 2 minutes and my head starts bobbing…

I’d just say don’t force anything and enjoy the moment!

3 Likes

Don’t binge watch netflix and hulu, binge listen to music and fill your soul with happiness!
(Copyright Cheapaudioman)

2 Likes

To answer that question, I don’t know if I will ever get tired of music. It’s more like this, I get freaking tired without any music all the time playing in, on or over my ears. In terms of genre, yeah there are times you just have to switch things up just like my collection of IEMs and Headphones. There are days I want it to be fun therefore the BLON BL-03 is there fore me to wear, if I want it to be analytical and more tuned to detail, I get my DT880 Pro.

Usually when the ringing is too loud and I start to get headaches

or when I’ve just listened to too much of the same stuff, gotta spice it up

Want to know the quickest way to hate a song that you love listening to? Turn it into an alarm clock, and I am speaking from experience. Worst decision I have ever made lol.

4 Likes

I used to enjoy listening to music on the drive home in the evening. I would put something on while I made dinner and normally left it on until I was done cleaning up. I might turn the music off to watch TV later. I would normally start the morning with some music too, and then listen on the drive into work. It was a nice routine.

Then I got married ( for the second time ), she had four kids, and the house was always noisy and chaotic when I got home, so I learned to enjoy the drive home as the last bit of quiet in my day. After we got divorced, it took me almost a year to remember how much I enjoyed listening to music.

I also had a four month long cluster headache that I didn’t listen to music at all, and had no desire to. That was a miserable experience, and nobody should ever have to deal with that. I basically had the same headache for months. It started right when the pandemic did, so even getting treatment was very slow.

I did put closed back headphones on, but just for the isolation of them.

The answer to the question is no, I never get tired of listening to music. But I do take breaks from time to time just because it’s priceless to hear nothing. Many times while driving to/from work I turn everything off just to get that little break. I will also take at least one night a week off from the system. Again just to get that little break.

Never get bored with music. I work long hours and I find music a great way to relax from the stresses of the day. Also I have a few amps/dacs/headphones so I’m always playing around with different combos, tonight the Denon 5200 through the XDUOO MT-602 is sounding sublime.

I’m also not stuck to any one genre and there is a LOT of music I haven’t heard so I’m always trying out new music.

1 Like

No, never.

1 Like

I get your issue with that.

My wife turns her favorite songs into rings tones, since she uses her phone as an alarm clock, I have learned to hate her favorite songs.

2 Likes

tired…no, but a particular genre may start to grate on my nerves and need to be changed to something that’s not offensive. :wink:

1 Like

Mostly tied to my emotions and just plain ol’ life situation. I actually went years with very little music in my life (left the hobby, and listened to very little music) for almost 6 years until the pandemic brought me back 18+ months ago.

I also have my IE 900 in my ears for the first extended time in over a week. I had to euthanize my beloved dog on the 21st and just was not emotionally all together since. Today is the “best” I’ve felt emotionally. I figure I’ll be a roller coaster of emotion for some time. I loved that little guy.

4 Likes

This sounds very familiar. I had a decent set of neutral headphones ( Monoprice 10010 ), but was listening mostly to cover noise in the office. Working at home completely changed what I wanted out of audio gear, and I started caring how good things sounded again.

Sorry about your dog. I have a cat getting to that point, and I am not ready.

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a bit too much information, but here it goes anyway….

The last 2 months, I have hardly listened to any music at all (also been quite absent at this forum, other forums and social media). It’s not because i was tired of music as such, but as they say, life (or rather death) got in the way.

It started about 2 months ago as my mum was experiencing some bad back pains. She later on got admitted to hospital where they eventually found cancer spread through out her body. She died 6 weeks after her back pain had started, and 4 of those where in the hospital. To say the diagnosis and short period of illness came as a shock, is an understatement. She was only 70, way to early.

Life is slowly going back to some kind of normality, but i still have a hard time sitting down and just enjoying music (or a movie or gaming for that matter). Guess it will gradually get back to how it was, but lately i’ve only been listening to music when driving. That said, i do have music on as i type this, and i guess its just healthy to restore normality…

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, that sucks. My mom is only a couple years older, and I lost my father a few years back. Happy to see you are back to listening again, good luck getting closer to normal, things do get better.

1 Like