Ever been tired of listening to music?

Anyone just been using your headphones or speakers so much that you got legit tired of listening to music?
I got then Blons and i love em’ i loved them so much i used the, for maybe 5 hours per day of constant music listening and enjoyed it, awitched around with my Beyerdynamics dr 990 and tin t2 and loved hearing all of them for various reasons. But since yesterday im sick of listening to music and my ears actually feel tired, head hurts even. Imma take a few days of a break

3 Likes

I hear what you’re saying. I have occasionally felt like that while on long road trips, but usually my solution is to switch to listening to a podcast or something

3 Likes

my mindset affects my desire for listening to music. if I’m busy and don’t want distraction, no music…or if I’m grumpy or displeased, no music. if I have a headache…definitely NO MUSIC!!! the only other big influence would be matching types of music to moods…if you’re stressed, you don’t want loud, clanging, fatiguing sounds, you want relaxing. if you’re cleaning (this is more mindset than mood though) I’d want something fast and jumpy.

6 Likes

That’s true, actually when i go running listening to podcasts does help me feel less fatigue than music!

2 Likes

Haha thnx, ill keep in mind when I shouldn’t listen to music! I definitely messed up

1 Like

Also a possible factor: we didn’t evolve our hearing capacity to have sound sources right next to each ear firing sound waves directly down our ear canals. Headphones are an unnatural way for us to hear things. Fatigue is a common side effect because of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good set of cans for a long listening session too. Just pointing out that it’s physically atypical.

3 Likes

Over the past couple of days I have got bored, and kind of lost interest to some degree. I’m still going to complete my collection for the foreseeable future with a TFZ T2, as I can get it for $10 cheaper. Might start venturing into opamps to hopefully keep the passion alive I guess, I don’t know. My gear is pretty modest as far as things go, I only have one source which is an SMSL M3 DAC/AMP, and I’m thinking about getting the Jazz R7 to start things off.

1 Like

Only when suffering from motion sickness (car sick, etc.) :frowning:

Right, that makes sense!

Oh really? Do you mean passion of music or earphones? Maybe tou just need a long break and come back again. That type of stuff happens with everything

Yeah taking breaks once in a while can help you go back and appreciate the music more sometimes (for me at least)

4 Likes

I’m mildly paranoid so I won’t wear headphones while taking a walk at night and if I’m in a more natural setting I prefer the natural ambiance over something I can listen to at home. Even with those breaks and throwing podcast into the mix sometimes I just need a bit of silence.

1 Like

Don’t force your ears to listen to too much bass or too much treble, or well, any frequency your ears don’t like at high volume.

Silence is music, sometimes.
Enjoy it, it’s better than tinnitus. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think burn out is perfectly normal to feel under any circumstance where you do too much of one thing. As always, the solutions are to either take a break, or add variety into what your doing (like the aforementioned advice of podcasts, etc.)

3 Likes

Pretty much spot on.
Also some of the speaker listeners might sometimes have a state of “Listener fatigue” and they just can’t listen any more. Do not know is it different from “tired of listening”?
Few have pointed out and noticed it’s of course mood related, what going on with life etc.

But for many it’s also speaker and gear related “state” to them.
Might have gotten “Listener fatigue” after just few hours on current gear what they have.
Maybe after a hole re-make or gear change (speaker, amps, etc or one of them) they can enjoy music and not have state any more. Something is just not right and not meaning it’s have to be “highend” stuff.
Personally have not noticed this “state” and can listen music for hours or entire day or days but of course there are days i wont listen to anything. Quietness is nice also.
Mainly listening with speakers.

1 Like

Well there are times that I just want absolute silence and nothing else. But most of the time, I need music overall in general in order to keep me more focused and as well as reduce any form of stress that I get for music overall helps with that.

1 Like

Both. Right now, I think I have everything I need headphone and earphone wise. I know I could purchase more expensive stuff, but my focus is on budget. Like you said I probably just need a break.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, and taking a break from different headphones too helped. This morning i woke up well and listened to music again on the beyerdynamics just for 10 minutes or so and felt good! I think it was also fatigue from iems for hours

Oh damn i see, yeah maybe just take a break and like others said enjoy silence. Sometimes you can go in too deep too i guess. And when you are back maybe you can explore other genres too to have fun, bring some of the passion back

1 Like

Sometimes I get bored with my music selection even though I have a ton on my ipod. I think it’s because I have so much music that I can never decide what I want to listen to, so I just end up staring at my ipod the whole bus ride home.