Ever had a headphone that slowed down the music?

Guys lol, i dont do drugs. of any kind. I dont drink, i dont eat shrooms lol. I heard this on my Sp200 amp and the SU8 DAC and the Audio Techinca AD900x on the Simple Minds song “Summer” particularly the beginning of the song. maybe say it sounded a little sluggish? maybe tempo isn’t the right word i guess.

I’ve had it before where I thought a song sounded slow without the cold. But that was not due to my headphones or gear I attribute it to me being hopped up on too much caffeine .

2 Likes

My point is its most likely a mental state thing than a headphone thing

Yes lol, I’m pretty sure it’s been found that your heart rate can correlate with how you perceive music speed (and other neat stuff like that)

Exactly, cause your hearts beat correlates to actual tempo. Found this when I played music. I spent a lot of time calming kids down who are newer to performing when I played in a band down. cause their tempo can get off if they get too nervous of course it was for me too cause if they are calm I’m calm

thats probably why so many bands start out doing punk

Not quite if a song is super fast that’s just a musical choice. Usually made by the band director or conductor. the issue with a person going off tempo in a band setting especially a student band is these kids are not pros as well as me. So if a student gets off course many will try to listen to their neighbor for reference of where they should be and if your neighbor is off kilter you are off kilter and sometimes your whole section becomes off kilter. My method as I got better and becoming basically my sections leader was just to play louder than them and hopefully they use me as reference. But no human is perfect and if everyone goes ony cue and iake a timing mistake. It’s up to the conductor to attempt to fix it and help the rest of the band make it sound good. But of you have a good conductor that is used to teaching a student band they usually know how to cue you properly if they can sense your struggling