Exaggerated noise in recordings with Ollo S4R

So I recently got the Ollo S4R and particularly noticed noise in recordings. With HD600s, Beyer DT880, or ATH-MSR7 I noticed noise before in some music tracks but only when listening very very closely. As far as I know, people refer to this as noise floor. Every recording has an amount of noise since no system can be electromagnetic perfect. Some recording setups are better than others so the noise floor is lower and can not be heard because it is so quiet.

With Ollo S4R the noise in some tracks gets louder to the point where it is distracting.

Here is an example of a song that has quite the high noise floor at the 1:00 minute mark when the string instrument is starting to play.
I bought the soundtrack and have it available in lossless and the same issue occurs.

I tried other sources like my android device but the noise persists.

The noise is mostly on the right channel. I swapped the cables to play the right channel through the left speaker of the headphones but same issue.

There are multiple tracks where I run into this problem but this is the most extreme one.

Is there anything that can be done about this?
Are the headphones defective to produce such a large amount of noise / enhance the noise?
Or is it just by chance that the headphones have such a frequency response scheme that enhances the noise at that particular frequency? Which would be weird since they are engineered to be very flat

If most of the noise is on one channel then you have a deffective unit

i swapped the cables, right channel into left speaker puts the noise on the left speaker

Ah, then its your cable that is deffective, ask ollo to send you a replacement.

But if you use the left part of the cable, try it on both channels, is the noise floor not an issue anymore?

when swapping the left-right channels (so left channel plays on right cable and right channel plays on left channel) the noise is quieter but not as quiet as with my other headphones.

Listening through both channels only on the left cable the noise is quieter too but still not as quiet as my other headphones.

I sadly do not have another cable to test at the moment since the Ollo S4R use 2.5mm to connect to the headphones.

you have a bad cable that needs replacement and…

studio headphones tend to have louder noise floors so that you can actually hear them while mixing, so it can get distracting on some recordings, but still I can’t be sure as I’ve never heard an ollo, it shouldn’t be much louder than on your other headphones.