F.Audio AM01 (THX clone?)

I’m in Canada and wanted to buy one new in august :thinking: PM me if you decide to sell it!

I gave in to temptation and bough one from linsoul, it should arrive sometime in the next couple of months.
Does anyone know if it’s safe to use an XLR splitter cable to connect a DAC to two amps? I googled some old forum posts that say it is safe but I’m not sure if it would affect the sound.

1 Like

from what i have heard, use a passive splitter and dont split too many times. Splitting from 1 to 2 is fine. You can also get a switcher and connect DAC -> switcher -> amps

2 Likes

I currently have 3 amps running via XLR splits and one from RCA. That’s the max I’ll do without a passive switch. Most people wouldn’t be able to hear any loss in fidelity even with more splits in most cases.

1 Like

Has the amp arrived yet? I was going to order some iem but I was wondering about their general delivery time.

Yes, I ordered on 07/24/2020 and arrived 08/03/2020. It shipped via DHL Express. I didn’t have to pay extra for shipping and it didn’t show an option to choose a shipping method, I think it was because I bought a cable besides the amp so the total price was over 200 USD.
The only problem I found with the amp is that they included the wrong power lead so I had to buy one.
The amp sounds very clean and it has way too much power for me. I saw people trashing this amp on audiosciencereview with some measurements showing a lot of noise on higher frequencies but I can’t hear anything different.
About using a splitter: I ended up just connecting this amp with RCA since the splitter cable introduced a lot of noise, the amp end up losing some power when connected with RCA but it’s already so powerful that it doesn’t matter.
Overall I’m very happy with this purchase.