Favorite Gear you own

Yes lol it has collected a rather significant sum in my paypal balance :+1:

2 Likes

Gear that is definitely staying around for me:

• Airist R-2R, Bifrost 2, LCD X, Blon B20
3 Likes

I have to add the liquid spark here too… I got the LS the heresy and the asgard 3 in quick succession and I feel now it didnt get attention it deserved (it’s so unassuming) … I really understand why it’s so readily recommended on this forum

3 Likes

Harbeth C7ES-3 40th Anniversary. Full stop.
If I was forced to sell every other piece of gear to keep my stereo setup, I wouldn’t hesitate.

6 Likes

All of it, because if I didn’t love it then it would be gone. Other than the Koss kph30i because they’re too cheap to sell. Would cost me more in shipping lol.

5 Likes

Just read this old post and laughed. I LOVE the Aeolus + Tuba. I think its a great pairing. I actually prefer this combo over the ZMF pendant amp + Aeolus. However, the pendant + 650 is incredible (and I prefer the pendant with most of my headphones over the Tuba - but that Aeolus + Tuba pairing is magical…YMMV).

Being an IEM and music lover then the IER-Z1R…plays my shit how I like it, saved me me loadsa :moneybag:for sure :+1:

1 Like

If I go by listening time, my iPhone and KSC75.

Why do I spend so much money on higher end gear? :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes
  • miniDSP SHD
    Zeos turned me on to the miniDSP brand but he’s never covered this particular device. It combines everything I need for my listening room in a singe unit. The only thing lacking is a proper WiFi adapter (I’m using a wireless bridge instead). I’m also annoyed that it is taking so damn long for them to get Roon Certification worked out. Those quibbles aside, it’s one of the best audio purchases I have ever made.

• Streamer
    • DAC
    • Preamp
    • Digital Crossover
    • Room Correction with Dirac Live
  • Adam Audio A5X
    I listen to these hours upon hours a day and they never get old. They’re everything I loved about the T5V but better.

2 Likes

Nearly every piece of gear I’ve owned is my favorite. I hardly sell anything. However I’ve made three purchases lately that have really made a huge improvement in my system.

First I got a Reisong Yulu M2 EL34 amp. With it’s low price I was worried that it would be a noisy POS but this thing is DEAD silent. It beats my old Jolida’s noise floor by a country mile. This little beauty puts out 8 watts of full tube glory into 8ohms. With a tube rectified power supply and two inputs, this el cheapo wonder works miracles in my tiny listening room as long as you pair it with the right speakers.

The right speakers seem to be my Tekton Mini Lores. These fairly high sensitivity(95db 1W @ 1m)8" two ways speak the truth. Imaging isn’t a real strength(though they aren’t terrible at it)but when it comes to tone and dynamics with just a handful of watts, these stout baby towers really deliver. It’s been a few months and I love them more with each passing day.

Lastly, I was forced to replace my venerable Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 with a newer Scarlett 8i6. I use an audio interface in place of a traditional DAC for ripping vinyl and doing a very, very amateur radio show. Man, this thing beats out the older firewire model and most other DACs in my house and not by a small margin. I like the added convenience of the S/PDIF input also, I’m not limited to just USB with this thing. The added features, low(ish)cost, and excellent performance of prosumer audio interfaces make them an attractive option to hifi dacs IMO.

These three gems in my overly complicated hifi/HT system have had me up late on too many nights where “Just one more song” turned into whole albums. I can only hope yall are enjoying your gear as much as I am these days.