Favorite v-shape cans

Currently looking to get a new set of cans to compliment my 6xx I have. I think I want to go with something more v-shaped if anyone has any insight to offer? I’m running it through a heresy/modi stack. Enjoy listening to all music types and playing single player/casual games.

X2HR are Vshaped as far as I can hear

Beyerdynamic T1 is v-shaped perfection to me, I have the 2nd generation, the 3rd should also be godlike.

1 Like

Klipsch HP-3’s were very good to me (as in they treated me well). I think @alphamarshan has his for sale still as well.

1 Like

Both Fidelio X2HR and Klipsch HP-3 are nice. What’s your budget?

1 Like

What price are you looking at? In the 6xx with Schiit stack price range I think Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm might be one to check out.

1 Like

Emu Teak with additonal Rosewood cups offer one of the best Vshape sound

2 Likes

My favorite v shape is the Fostex tr-X00 with emu rosewood cups and ZMF Ori pads

2 Likes

VSHAPE GAAANG Sendy Aiva and X00

Creative Aurvana Live!

Favorite: TH900mk2 Pearl White with the limited edition anniversary tuning.
Also, TH610 with Lawton level 2 mod (Driver tune-up, chambers and pads). I also really liked the TH610 stock, too.
and, AH-D5000 with Lawton level 2 mod (Driver tune-up, chambers and pads) Just a pure fun v-shaped sig bass cannon.

2 Likes

I thought about mentioning TH900, but no price range was given. I think HE1000V2 could also go on this list. TH900 is V and HekV2 is v, kinda.

2 Likes

Probably wrong thread to discuss, but yes it does have a v sounding sig. Is why I think it is such a great compliment to the Th900mk2. I should be over in the end-game thread, gushing… lol

Also, my bad. I was just thinking it was an ask for what is your favorite V shaped phone, not that one was looking for recommendations, doh! In that case I’ll stick with the Fostex TH610 - easy to drive with every amp I’ve put it with while sounding great, and in the middle range price wise - right there with EMU-Teaks and the TR/X-00s (new and used pricing).