Feedback on my setup: Ohm Walsh, Adcom and Bluesound

The speakers arrived today. The build quality is crazy. I wish I had gotten a lighter color, because I got them in black to match my coffee table, desk and home made TV bracket, to contrast my white walls. But maybe the color will grow in me. It was either that or a lighter wood color to match the floor, but I am very likely to replace the floor so I didn’t want to risk it.

Anyway, that’s the good news. The bad news is I got an email saying that my amplifier is yet to be shipped, so god knows how long before that turns up. In the mean time I am trying to get all the wiring done etc, so it’s plug and play when the amp gets here. And in that regard I have a question. How do I connect a 6 ohm speaker to a 4/8ohm amp? Or is the ohm just representing the resistance the speaker will have in practice, so it’s connected just regularly? Regularly meaning + and - on the left side and the same on the right side.

Regarding the connections, just hook it up regularly and if the amp you got has an impedance switch, make sure it is set accordingly. Most speakers will deviate their resistance level with the frequency range it’s trying to play anyway. There should be no issue to worry about

@TheFly @M0N

I have trouble getting my amp from Adcom delivered. The local dealer says one thing about why it’s delayed, Adcom USA says they haven’t received an order from the dealer. So if I can get the purchase canceled, I will be looking for other amps, preferably from someone located in Europe so shipping isn’t a problem.

Do you have any suggestions for a proper amp for these speakers?

Thanks in advance.

I’m a big fan of parasound gear, so perhaps the parasound Halo a23+ would be a good choice imo

Edit: IDK if that’s in Europe though

That works for me, thanks!

Just hope I get a confirmation regarding the amp I’ve already ordered, one way or another, fairly soon.

Do a bit more research, you are spending good money. You have soooo many choices and the gear available for us to select from is almost endless.

https://www.audiocircle.com/
Both these sites and forum groups offer tons of knowledge… cheers!

I wouldn’t look too much at measurements in this price range unless you are a perfectionist, but yeah, it is worthwhile to do your research

Did you ever work out the amp situation?
Have to listened to your Ohm’s yet?