Feel like something great is coming

Annnnd today’s Zeos Review:

I pretty much expected how this review went

i should have waited till the reviews were out lol

I heard the LG V30 is better. Something to do with how the quad DAC on the LG V20 doesnt always activate or something? Whereas with the LG V30 you can go into the settings and tell it to. Also its a 32 bit DAC and ESS’s HyperStream 2 audio technology. . If anyone is thinking of getting one you might consider the V30 over the V20

I have both a v30+ and a v20, and they sound identical and have no issues. The issue with the v20 was a software issue that is now fixed. Both phones exhibit some issues with the amp not detecting the correct impedance tho. I think the v20 is a much better value for a budget dap, and also has an easily removable battery, which is a huge benefit imo

They also have essentially the same dac

you cant remove the battery in the V30? thats not good. i already had to replace the battery in my V20

You can remove the battery but it’s not easy. The v20 as you know you just slide off the back and swap it out. The v30 you have to take off the glass back and remove the battery from there. You can’t just slide it out like the v20

can you increase the volume on yours to 100%? mine stays stuck at 75%

android has a quirk where if you want to crank the volume it warns you at 75% and you have to press ok before you go on yours is porobably bugged check out your settings cause you can tusually turn that off

When the high end dac is on it only goes up to 75. It’s just the amount of steps, you are not being limited, so no problem there. If you switch to the regular dac you can get to 100, but there are just less steps with the quad dac, same max volume though

Mention this at the same time and people will get it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Perhaps, but to be more honest, I use them after I get out of the shower so it doesn’t mess up my hair lol

2 Likes

Hmm are they just dt770 80ohms with a mic

Yeah, pretty much (I think they are the 32 ohms) with a different tuning

Is $411 cdn (mmx300) still considered cheap? I realize it’s relative … I guess what I’m asking is are there accept tiers in the headphone community?

Same for me but with kph30i. I grab those more often than most things haha. Then I look at my elex sitting there and I feel stupid.

1 Like