Fidelice by Rupert Neve Designs

Well, they do have a 365 return window… just sayin’.

1 Like

Plus, we both know how outstanding the original RNHP is. This one has more power and is balanced (XLR and Pentacon).

2 Likes

It would be very unpleasant for me to think about how I have that dac just sitting there not being used

1 Like

But the joy from the Fidelice would quickly bring sonic pleasure.

Haha! I’m pushing this thing and I have no skin in the game.

Well I also have the warwick system now for that and it already has a dac and amp in there

1 Like

You’re such a collector.

They announced the dac, but not the amp. I remember reading that it had more power. I wonder what the markup will be.

2 Likes

I want it or at least a purely balanced headphone amp version whenever that comes out.
I like the design especially if I gotta be totally honest
I love my chord tt2s mid 90s men in black scifi design but this has a nice 60s esque aesthetic with its trapezoidal shape
EDIT: Know what it reminded me of. A Syd Mead Design

1 Like

Dang it Neve just make a balanced amp version without the dac lol. I wanna use my studio dac not the one in there

2 Likes

Totally agree. Although not sure what the cost would be, as the new Fidelice RNHP retails for $1199 and appears to have the same specs as the Rupert Neve Design RNHP (pro version).

I love the mid-century modern aesthetic, but I can’t justify paying more than double just for the look. The RNDAC, in my mind at least, seems like a better value proposition.

Yeah, I was mainly just looking to upgrade my rnhp but it seems like I’ll have to wait for that lol

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll release a balanced version RNHP at some point. They’ll probably wait until they hit a production/sales target for the RNDAC.

1 Like
1 Like

Good review. I really want to listen to this unit.

The moment I see it at a show or my Dealers Shop… I’ll run away as fast as I can(not very), kick every one in my way who wants to sell it to me in the nuts and press my hands on my ears streaming lalaalaa

I simply don’t want to kill my existing DAC/Amp stuff

They should put huge warning signs around the booth
saying: you can’t go back in time

3 Likes

I remember reading the specs on the the Fidelice version of the rnhp, and they literally copied the page from the original rnhp. I bet it’s just a new enclosure.

For the RNHP, yes I do believe it’s just the enclosure that’s changed. I own the original RNHP and I love it.

The RNDAC however has higher output that includes balanced XLR, Pentacon 4.4mm, and SE 1/4”.

A rep from Fidelice, Tristan, joined the headphone.com forum and answered a couple of questions regarding an issue that Resolve Reviews had regarding drivers. I dropped a request for a balanced amp of which he said he’d pass it along. Pretty sure they’re waiting for initial sales numbers before expanding the line.
I hope they do well, Rupert Neve designs fantastic equipment.

1 Like
2 Likes