Fidelice by Rupert Neve Designs

Rupert Neve is launching a consumer oriented brand for music playback.

Products include RNDAC- Dac with integrated headphone amp, RNHP- SE headphone amp, and 7566- Phono preamplifier.

1 Like

It looks like nice stuff, and pretty interested in the dac, but the headphone amp seems like a rnhp in a different case (Iā€™m sure thatā€™s the case lol). Rupert stuff is super solid and isnā€™t usually on peoples radar because of their more studio focused nature

1 Like

Yeah, pretty sure itā€™s a ā€˜repackagedā€™ RNHP. It even has all of the same inputs and buttons, just a nicer looking case. Iā€™m super curious as to how much theyā€™ll be charging/price-point with these.

Really interested in the dac. And itā€™s got a balanced headphone output! Itā€™s basically a true preamp.

Neveā€™s main specialty and well known for analog, so I wonder how good the implementation will be

Also think it could match well with a peachtree nova amp if the wood was close enough

1 Like

Oh, yeah. It probably would. :face_with_monocle:

looks cool - could sell this DAC to my wife for the living room
Rupert Neve what could be nicer in heritage

wonder how the dimensions are - looks like the DAC could fit nice on the THX AAA 789
the hf amp is 6.5ā€ wide x 4.6ā€ deep and 1.9ā€ tall - will the DAC be the same? it looks a bit wider on the pictures

how is the DAC Chip implemantation? which AKM DAC Chips could be usedā€¦
the price will be premium over 500 or even 1000? -if so I would prefer the RME Adi 2 as known Benchmark with remote, the crossover functions, eq and display- while not very living room friendly in my wifes (strange) opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think itā€™s about double the size of the headphone amp (in both height and width).

AKM 4497.

I think it looks quite nice.

thank you christopher

1 Like

Good looking design, and Iā€™m sure they perform beautifully. But whenever I read the Brand name I see: FIELD LICE.

1 Like

Haha! :rofl:

My brain corrects it to ā€˜Fidelisā€™.

ā€œAlways Faithfulā€ is a whole lot better than ā€œdisease carrying insects.ā€ :laughing::laughing:

Amen to that, brother. :+1:t4:

Pre-order is up, and apparently itā€™s an exclusive. Out next Wednesday.

1 Like

Hmmmmm. Do I get it for my studio. I donā€™t know. I donā€™t need the dac since I have a better dac but I do wish I had an upgraded rnhp since i still use that for alot of studio work

1 Like

Also unboxing by resolve

1 Like

:100:
You KNOW itā€™s gonna be amazing.

But I mean I have just a dac that is almost twice the price and itā€™s just a dac lol. I want to get just an amp and donā€™t really want to pay extra for a dac

1 Like

I venture to guess that theyā€™ll release an upgraded RNHP with the balanced outputs, but do you really want to wait till they decide to release one? :blush:

Well I mean the fidelice dac has xlr analog in, but I donā€™t want to pay for the extra dac when I only want the headphone out lol

1 Like