Secondary Amps (solid state) options, opinions

Yeah, pretty much agree. Unless you are a measurement hound you may want to aim higher with high end stuff

1 Like

Hmm, name some names and then sell/trade me something you are bored of from your stash at some point🤗

I mean it depends on the headphone lol and I don’t really want to sell an amp since I am satisfied with what I got lol

1 Like

Then name some names on the cleaner to the source than THX stuff, so far we have the rupwrt Nieves thingies…

I agree to a point. I have done well with “dumpster diving” to this point. I love my Vali 2, but it will be replaced by a Lyr 3 or perhaps a Garage 1217 product.
I Iike my HD58X’s, but they will be replaced by Elex’s.

It’s a great way to find out what you like, but I see your point. My Grado GH2’s and Beyer T5p.2’s are never going anywhere. Burson has pissed me off, but I LOVE the sound of the Burson Fun-Classic.

Trial and error…

1 Like

I feel like at that point your gonna be pairing headphones and amps like expensive wines and cheeses you buy headphones and amps for each other

2 Likes

Well, it depends on the headphones you are using, and also It’s not necessarily clarity that you are going for per se

I am pretty busy right now so I will be back later to explain myself lol (as I may have made a bold claim with the rnhp lol)

1 Like

Ding ding, winner right there boy! All this stuff is about matching shit together and finding the synergy between componets, styles, classes etc and THEN to top it off each individual has a personal preference for sound. I sure as shit am realizing i do, and that ultimatly influences all the choices. Also, many of us are gadget whores, this is why it seems many of the guys that have the greatest most expensive stuff are constantly rotating newer fancier greater stuff in every few months or so…etc. Except Mon , he loves ALL his stuff and doesnt wanna get rid of anything ever…:triumph::joy:

2 Likes

Hey I sell and trade stuff fairly often lol

1 Like

Zs review of the RNHP (which I just realized stands for “Rupert Neve HeadPhone”)
It does seem like something interesting to try out.

1 Like

I actually like the way it looks… it has a very industrial old-school design.

I got it right when it came out and don’t regret it for sure. He recently launched a consumer line called Fidelice. But it’s on the pricier side of things

1 Like

Ohh… that DAC though… I wonder how much that will end up costing. Could be a solid alternative to the RME Adi 2 DAC

1 Like

It’s like 5k I think. It’s in a higher tier tbh

1 Like

Ah, well for 5k i can imagine it probably would be. Looks extremely nice.

1 Like

welp! Time to go into debt! :yum:

haha just kidding…

1 Like

unless…

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

I so want this unit. As Mon knows through the discussions we’ve had regarding the RNHP (original pro model), the clean sound these amps produce is extraordinary.

$5k is too much for me right now, but if I could…

Ended up on this guy. Covers two bases. Upgraded speaker amp and powerful single ended option. It sounds great. A definite upgrade from the smsl t amp for the rb42s. And there’s definitely a noticeable sound change with the Focal clear. Theres a lot more bass. Kind of wondering if it has to do with the output impedance of the amp.

1 Like