Fidelto - a new amp company?

Another thing that came up in my Facebook feed. Claim to have a 100wpc speaker amp for $120 available sometime this year. Was not asking for Kickstarter or GoFundMe type support. Anyone know anything more about this?

1 Like

Any more into on the amp, thatā€™s a bit limited on info lol?

1 Like

Something dont feel right with thisā€¦

2 Likes

I tend to agree. My ā€˜more infoā€™ question was to see if anyone on HFGF knew (of) the people behind this business. Industry people knew the guys who started Schiit and Andover Audio was started by some former members of Cambridge SoundWorks. I was wondering if Fidelto was a similar situation. But the dearth of info on that website about who these people are and why their idea for an amp is unique and interesting is puzzling.

3 Likes

Hi, everyone :wave:
Iā€™ve just found this post and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Joe, Iā€™m a student in electrical engineering and have always been fascinated by high-quality audio amplifiers but never had the money to buy the highest quality ones. Thatā€™s why about two years ago I set a goal to make a high-quality, affordable amplifier for myself. I started with a chip amp (LM3886), designed a circuit board and got it made. After I was done soldering, I turned it on and it was way better than the other amplifiers in that price range (the constructed board cost $50).

But, I wanted more (like any engineer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I learned about discrete design and started to read books to understand the concepts. I started with ā€œHigh-Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manualā€ from G. Randy Slone and afterwards got ā€œDesigning Audio Power Amplifiersā€ from Bob Cordell. After fully understanding the principles I built a class-AB amp on a breadboard and the sound blew me away. Songs that I had heard over and over sounded like I had never heard them before and when I let people listen to it they had the same response. I had achieved my goal and this marked the start of Fidelto in the beginning of this year. I wanted to share this experience with as many budget-wise audiophiles as possible.

6 months later all the elements of the amplifier are designed and almost ready for prelaunch in August.

If you have any more questions, please ask them :grinning:

7 Likes

I am one of the early adopters of the brand. Soon IĀ“ll be posting some clips of how this great device delivers. Hi from Mexico City.!!!

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome to HFGF! Looking forward to that reportā€¦

2 Likes

hereā€™s a bump to get your attentionā€¦I hope.

how goes the process of getting this to market?

2 Likes

Itā€™s now $300

Where would these end up shipping from?