🔷 FiiO BTR7

Can someone please tell me if the equalizer function is available when used as a USB dac from a computer?

1 Like

Thought this time they didn’t f* it up. Even before the release I read on headfi that the EQ would work now with usb…

3 Likes

supposed to be coming in a firmware update from what I heard.
hoping to have mine in a couple weeks but they’ll probably snail mail it.

1 Like

They said the same about the btr5, never happened but hey, they delivered some kind of PEQ for the btr7 with an update so there is hope.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for testing it! pitty it does not work…yet…there is still hope as Fiio´s customer support ist definitely not the worst :slight_smile:

I wonder how it is with K9 Pro, but probably same story

1 Like

Yes, same story with K9. Fiio makes solid hardware but their software development needs improvement.

At least they are trying, lets hope for the best :smiley:
I have an eye on K9 Pro, think i will just ask on headfi what the status is regarding this function, they seem to be pretty active in the forum

I thought they said something like “we’ll look into it” I don’t remember an official confirmation on the 5
7 should unless they plan on partial refunding, getting a lawsuit or both

2 Likes

Does it allow you to apply a shelf filter?

Has anyone tried it with an Aeon 2 Noire? Can it power it?

So far only peak filter.

if bluetooth is the only improvement than my 5 is champ no need to upgrade

Darn. Okay, thanks for replying. Still progress though. Being able to place the number is better than with the btr5 2021 which is just a ball on a bar. which is impossible to get the right number with.

If anyone hasn’t noticed the newest firmware update
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.7.1:

1. Added PEQ function (go to the EQ menu on the latest FiiO Control app for settings);

2. Changed the setting of aptX Adaptive to off by default (can be enabled on the FiiO Control app);

3. Improved the logic of UI display;

4. Improved the abnormal issue of answering phone calls through the 4.4mm headphone output;

5. Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes.

1 Like
3 Likes

Noice - Looking forward to mine coming in.

2 Likes

I snaged a refurbished btr7 recently.
I dont really know why, but it didn’t click with me. The thing’s really heavy for its size, and even though it doesn’t really matter for my use case, I didn’t really like it.

So long story short, I sent it back and have been refunded. I stay with my qudelix 5k for now.

3 Likes

Ifi go blu is same price i think. Has anyone compared the two?

Where could I find the refurb of Fiio? I am thinking about buying this BTR7 as an upgrade over Q5k as I hate 2.5mm socket, but also I am afraid of that being much less user friendly (q5k fits my case with Buds perfectly) :slight_smile:

BRT7 heavy?