šŸ”· FiiO BTR7

Define heavy? I donā€™t find it overly huge, to me, it looks a lot bigger online than it actually is in person.

Compared to the 3K. Considerably larger, but not huge by any means.

also weight feels the same at the BTR5 even though itā€™s larger

2 Likes

I got it on a french website. Donā€™t know if you can access it?

And yeah, the btr7 feels heavy, especially for its size.

Playing around with PEQ for the first time is just plain fun. Iā€™m really enjoying this thing. I can noticeably hear an improvement in instrument separation and layering over the BTR3K.

The whole reason I picked up the 7 is so I have more headroom for higher impedance cans and buds, but Iā€™m pleasantly surprised that I can also benefit from an overall improved audio experience with my current gear. It may be complete overkill for me, and the BTR5 or Q5K may have sufficed, but I can take comfort in knowing I wonā€™t have to upgrade any time soon, the freedom of not having to wonder ā€œman, am I going to be able to drive (insert set name here)ā€¦ā€ is liberating. Riku buds and TGX buds here I come :+1:

3 Likes

I am also aiming at upgrading BTR7 also just for this peace of mind that you describe, but just to clarify - I am driving Tantalus (or Serratus with Tantalus driver) with Q5k both from SE and BAL with significant headroom (400-500mV RMS). So I dont think there is a lot you couldnā€™t drive with it unless it is very low impedance insensitive stuff.

New firmware V1.85 for the BTR7 is now availableā€¦

4 Likes

Why thank you sir :+1:

1 Like

I appreciate the clarification, like I said, I know itā€™s a bit overkill, trust me I get that. Itā€™s just a nice feeling having that peace of mind I suppose.

1 Like

Guys help me out here!
I have been looking at the BTR7 from when it was just rumor in the mill but now I am lost with the release of the Topping G5 and the upcoming Shanling H7(the top pick right now if the price is right for the reason of the SD card option as I travel with work at would nice to just have the music locally on it sometimes as I am not DAP person and using my phone right now).

Right now, the logical for me is just nice to have more power if would move back into full-size cans from being on IEM only for the last few years.
Am I just looking for reasons that doesnā€™t make sense?

Since you mention G5, I have the Topping G5 for what its worth it is very clean and I somehow got more micro details than my Qudelix 5k BUT it wiped away the bass peaks that I usually enjoy.

1 Like

BTR7/G5 would be fine for up to moderately hard to drive headphones
havenā€™t seen anything on H7 so no idea

1 Like

Am I stupid or did they remove the ā€œPEQā€? I have 3 user slots now but the edit button where I could adjust frequency and Q value is gone.

Press and hold on one of the sliders, that should bring up the PEQ function.

2 Likes

My hero. Thank you.

Well hidden. Tried to hold on the dot first, didnā€™t work.

2 Likes

You got it, brother. In my opinion, itā€™s a very really good implementation of PEQ, simple enough for a chimp like me to understand, but with enough customizability to get the job done. Happy listening :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the input!

Yes, would presume that the BTR7 would hold up nice for most headphones and as said right now I am only using IEMs which evens the playing field even more.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Hi,

does anyone have good eg settings to share to use with the fiio app
iĀ“m struggle to get a good sound with my iem from Sennheiser

Maybe you wanna give some more information, what IEM are you using and what do you not like about the sound? Too bright or harsh? Not enough bass?
I am sure some will be able to help if you specify your problem

Thanks

itĀ“s Sennheiser IE 600 and the problem i have is that itĀ“s to much treble and no bass