šŸ”· FiiO BTR7

Interesting - No bass you say? Are you sure youā€™re getting a good seal? That could be the cause of lack of bass. I would play around with the PEQ function (holding down one of the sliders brings up the PEQ), looking at the FR on a computer screen, and trying to correct for that until you find something to your liking.

Honestly, itā€™s damn fun if you have some time to spend with the set up!

i getting good seal with foam tips but i have not touched the peq settings yet so maybe that is a solution
thank you

I had a similar experience with the OH10 - you may be sensitive to frequencies above 2k, causing them to be exaggerated to your ears, dropping your perceived bass response from the IE600. Bring down 1k - 3K by about 2dB with a shelf like Q, try something less than .50 and play around with it. Youā€™ll be able to turn the volume up making the bass become more prominent.

2 Likes

You probably want to cut something away from the area 4000-7000Hz (or even below/above), thats where most people are sensitive

I am not familiar with BTR7, maybe you can use a highself filter starting at a certain frequency which will lower a wider area around that frequency.

If not i would start lowering 5000Hz and 6000Hz by a few db and see what happens.

I am not too much into EQing but thatĀ“s what i did with the Equalizer in my carā€¦trying to lower different parameters, listening, adjusting again and so on until it sounds good to youā€¦you will get a feeling for it over time, but it might take a while

DonĀ“t be scared to lower some frequencies A LOTā€¦it does not need to look good in the equalizer it needs to sound good to you.

I think i have a -10db dip at 2000 and 2500Hz and another -8db dip at 5000Hz in my car which was really strange for me at first because i thought it would ruin the sound but when i just use my ears it is all perfect now and I can happily enjoy my musicā€¦Treble was way too much before that

2 Likes

I tried a lot of types but i get bass or much treble canā€™t get good balance listen to a lot of diffierent music as U2 to Metallica

Something really strange just happened with my BTR7 and I figured Iā€™d let you all know.

I ā€œupgradedā€ to the new 1.88 firmware last night, all seemed okay (besides my settings going back to default ā€¦ again). No big deal. But while Iā€™m sat here listening to music, I had the device plugged into my iPhone, charging switch flipped on, with the device being at 60%. I thought to my self I had plenty of juice left for at least a few hours of listening.

Within about 30 or so minutes, it completely died and was in a constant boot loop - with strange static coming through every now and again. I couldnā€™t turn it off completely, until I turned off charging, went into the FiiO app and turned it off that way.

A development - as Iā€™m writing this, on the device screen it stated that it was ā€œChargedā€ so I unplugged it from my phone and it wonā€™t turn on ā€¦ damn. I used the BTR3K for about 10 months without a single issue - daily. Iā€™ve had the 7 for about a month now and this along with other software bugs has me worried.

Iā€™ll reach out to FiiO asap and hope that the support is, well, supportive.

EDIT: I put the BTR7 on the charger over night and it seems to be operating normally now ā€¦ strange bug. MY iPhone usually would tell me that the external device was draining too much power and would cut off the circulation, but not this time. For those of you using iPhones, make sure you turn charging off on the device as it could cause this strange boot-loop bug.

anyone that have good settings for rock music in the Fiio app that can show me their settings my Sennheiser ie 600 sounds like garbage right now and this is my first dac so any more help is very helpful

Can you try the IEMs on any other DAC or computer?

Have tried them with a ifi hip dac 2 and the sound is amazing but with the fiio the sound is just strange

Maybe a defective btr7?

1 Like

You may have a defective BTR7 like @cal_lando said. Just note that the Hip dac from what Iā€™ve read and the short experience Iā€™ve had with it, does produce a warmer sound compared to the BTR7 which lacks warmth to my ears.

1 Like

It was my first thought also that is was defect
But i will try to find a good eq settings but it is a challenge

So if i could find a good eq settings i think it will sound better

It really should not need EQ to sound right.
I can imagine that hipdac and btr7 do sound a little different but it should not be that different in the sense of one sounds good the other one sounds complete crap.

1 Like

I agree. If you have other headphones I would try them with the btr7 and if they sound awful I would put in a warranty request for them

When you use the IE600s with your hip dac do you have the xbass function on?

Not always but sometimes
I have started to play around and try to learn the peq
to get a good sound with a godd bass

I was just asking to make sure you werenā€™t comparing the sound of the ie600s through the BTR7 with their sound through the hip dac with the xbass on. Iā€™m at a loss for an explanation as I have never heard the ie600s described as being bass light. I havenā€™t heard them myself though.

I have the IE600 and for me personally I could use a bit more bass however thata purely personal preference and I would not describe to them as even close to poor sounding

They do not sound bad but i think in my case i must learn how to use the eq on the fiio or find someone who have a good tips for rock music