FiiO E10K Olympus 2 and windows 10

So, i’ve had this dac/amp on my “gaming computer” for a while, and it has been working perfect, with me using all 3 connections for different purposes (analogue out to a crappy 2.1 set that give sounds to my racing rig setup, digital out to my amp and of course the headphone jack.

So, yesterday i did a windows update before turning the computer off, and today when i booted i had no sound on any of the outputs.

Tried plugging the usb in and out, and in a different usb port, tried each output separately, tried rebooting - no sound. Tried an old creative “usb soundcard”, and it worked (though it sounds pretty bad with the drop HD5XX i normaly use there) so that is the fix for tonight as i want to relax a bit before getting to bed :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows do recognise the fiio, and gives no errors, and i tried it on my macbook and it worked there, so i guess its all down to the windows update.

So, if any one of you have experienced something similar, or have an idea of what to do i would be greatfull :slight_smile:

I used to use an E10K as well. It had similar issues where it would work fine for awhile, then not, then it would again. That was with Windows 10 as well. The E10K in particular has issues with Windows 10.

The E10K is just known to randomly have issues on Windows? well that’s annoying. One thing you could try is uninstalling the device under device manager. It will reinstall after you plug it in again. If that doesn’t work, you may need to go to the Windows support forum.

1 Like

I’ll try that after i finish my day at the home office :slight_smile:

Windows 10 has been a bit of a hit and miss for me when it comes to updates. There has been a few annoying setting changes. Also, had a few annoying problems with an old logitech g27 wheel/pedal set i used a few years back, as it was a 50/50 chance of it working properly after each windows update. That was fixed eventually though.

Might just have changed audio/output settings?
Would also uninstall everything (everything) FIIO related and try again.
Maybe even the rest sound related drivers and then try again.
Since ain’t hardware related.

So, got it working again…
First i just uninstalled the device in the device manager. That did not help. Fiddled about a bit more, no proper progress, so i uninstalled the device again in the device manager, but this time i did a reboot before i plugged it back in, and then it started working like nothing had happened!!

Thanks for all the suggestions! :slight_smile:

Seems like you got a fix, but if if happens again here’s what I’ve done in the past.
Try changing the default format (bits and hz) to standard and back. One time a Windows update changed it too high and the device wouldn’t work til I changed it back…