Fiio FH1S 60$ Chifi Contender?

Hey everyone, just stumbled across a comment on BGGAR’s channel about these, did some research and the look interesting for the money. 60$ on amazon prime shipped so not a bad deal. A rather large bio-cellulose driver for bass so I wonder if it can be pushed a bit :wink: Also 2 pin is a plus for me so its got some good marks on the initial look.

https://fiio.com/fh1s

1 Like

I was also looking at these the other day for a pair to have with the BTR5 when i want to go out and about on the cheap and not have to worry about destroying them. I too could not find any words on them and was going to grab them just to try out. Let us know if you do decide to grab them.

Yea I will prob. have to wait a cool min. They are a good price though, and I’m more interested in resin IEMs that match the ear closely, more like custom models etc. These are close to that. I was thinking of taking a step up though for like an 8ba IEM or maybe the 5BA Guideray if it is solid, I don’t have that in my collection. Also the Shuoer Singer is hot on my list too, but I need to see how big they are, some cylinder ones don’t fit my ear well. :unamused:

I have a similar issue my left ear canal is a bit shallower and narrower than my right. Have you seen the Jade Audio EA3. They are 40$ on amazon and are suppose to be the exact same drivers as the FH1 line from what i can understand. Jade Audio is a sub company of FiiO. Also they look remarkably the same but probably not the same build quality.

I just put an order in they will be here on wed. I might not be the best to review them but i will most definitely give my feedback.

“Purple is hands down my favorite color”

3 Likes

Nice, yea I’ve heard mention of Jade audio, I’ll keep my eyes peeled on that one, also I look forward to your feedback :smiley:

It’s supposed bro be an improvement on the fh1

I love how they are actually trying to use “Hi-Res Audio Certified” as a selling point.

1 Like

Saw this the other day as well on Amazon. I already own the EA3, so it’s a no go for me since they’re virtually the same as the FH1s. I believe the only difference is that the Fiio’s have a slight bump in the midrange. If you look at the FR for the Fiio it’s an elevated straight line. Also, the Fiio comes with a single crystal copper cable and worth the additional $20 or so dollars over the JadeAudio. I will say that the cable and the eartips with the EA3 work very well, so I would assume the same for the Fiio. The 13mm DD driver on each is an absolute BEAST and I highly recommend it to everyone who loves their bass! Bass is plentiful with a fairly quick decay, so no bleeding into the mids or bloat to speak of. If I had a complaint with the EA3 I’d say that finding your sweet spot with tips is going to be a bit of a challenge. To my ears, the macro and micro detailing with foam tips was a bit too forward and prominent. Best overall experience for me were with Spinfits.

2 Likes

Bumping up as I just got a pair today. Initial impression is kind of treble overkill going on. Had to immediately switch to the foam tips to quell that. And it did help. Want to give them a chance to “burn in” a bit, whether that’s the sound changing (doubtful) or me just getting used to them. Hoping it goes well because I do like the look and fit of them. Nice cable and packaging as well. I will be trying them with my iFi unit with the bass boost on if they keep troubling me :slight_smile:

Slight edit. I’m old, so if I’m bothered by treble you probably will be too. Switched to The Fixx and turned the bass boost on. They’re still pretty bright sounding, but it did help add some depth to them. Will try them straight out of my phone tomorrow morning to see what difference not having a amp will make. Use a Galaxy S8+ for future reference. It has surprisingly good sound afaik.

Yea I like them with foams, I’m using the ones that come with the p1, seems like good value for money as I,dont even dislike the cable for the cost.

I’m already getting used to their sound signature. The highs aren’t bothering me as much as my initial impressions. Tried switching to the orange & black tips included and while they don’t sound bad, I couldn’t get a solid enough seal to get the proper amount of bass needed to balance out the treble. So back to the foam I went.

1 Like

Agreed wide bore tips are a no go imo with this set.

Edit: so some additional info for some. I like the softness of the included foam tips so I’ve been using those and it works great. Vocals have great detail, but it can be sibliant. Doesnt hurt my ears, but those that are annoyed with sibliance will prob. notice it with this set. Also going by BGGAR the treble is good, but cymbals can be slightly on the splashy side. Not an bad amount, but like 55 or 60 on a scale of 0 to 100 on weather these crash or splash. Also these have good spacial ques and imaging is good. Overall I’m surprised by this set and will likely do a video comparison with Blon 03 to sus it out. No timeline tho, sorry folks lol

1 Like

In my case with my IEMs I’ve discovered that the Symbio Peel eartips reduce notably the treble without sacrificing much detail. They’re affordable (7 USD per 3 pairs). Also the Spinfit sound a bit clearer but don’t reduce treble so much (and they’re more expensive).

I’ve pretty much got to say I agree with your opinion on these. The s’s in the vocals weren’t as much a problem for me as the cymbal crashes. That can get old fast. Another thing I will say is they don’t take kindly to badly produced recordings. Kind of like Beyerdynamic headphones in that they show all the flaws. All that said, I would still say that if you like bright sounding iems these aren’t terrible at all. I do have to go with foam tips to calm the treble down some, but having done that they haven’t annoyed me to the point of yanking them out of my ears and switching to something else.

1 Like

Yea they are kinda odd, I dont know if they are almost like a W sound or not. With foams they are slightly bright of neutral, but the vocals are not as shouty as some other sets, I will have to check if there is a mid dip too. They do sound different to blon 03, but I want to get some more info.

Well here goes:

5 Likes
  1. I enjoyed watching your arm.
  2. It was NOT a shitty review. I found it very thorough and informative! Since I own both (EA3 anyways) I knew exactly what you were talking about when you were describing the sound signatures, especially with using foams with the Fiio. It’s very tip dependent, but the beauty is the versatility of using either foam or silicon. My jam is bright and bassy, so I gravitate to silicon tips most of the time.
  3. I think you’ll get some decent traffic since these two (along with EA3’s) are going to get pitted against each other in this price range. I say own both if your budget is $100 and you can use that Fiio cable for each IEM.

Subscribed! Now go and buy more stuff so you can review it!

1 Like

Thanks! And Yea I agree, they both are good for the price, and have strengths. I’ll review the rest of my equipment and try to go from there. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just got home from work. Received a pack of New Bee iem tips in the mail. Slapped them onto the Fiio and am now mildly blasting Orion by Metallica. These have become my go to foam tips for all my iems. The only set I don’t like them on is the Guideray. I actually like the tips they came with, which is rare indeed. Anyway, definitely keeping the FH1s. Have grown to like them quite a bit.

The guideray tips are great and work for mose ppl. For me I’ve got different sized canals and needed something between a medium and small tip with them. Good sound and cable for the cost. I will say that for me the Fiio and the Blon are both superior in sound, but not in comfort. Those guideray iems have me excited for a review of their 5ba set at 190$. Should be a great value if the sound is there. :smiley:

1 Like