šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

My thoughts on KB Believe VS FH3 so far - KBB has even sicker, stronger bass, much smoother+spacious overall treble, with a higher treble peak(in one small area). Better fit for sure. FH3 are fairly loose on my ears. Worth the price to upgrade if you already have FH3? Hard to say. Iā€™m even more impressed by the KBB bass than FH3, but not a fan of the higher treble peak(nor the rough, unrefined, edgy treble of FH3). Iā€™ve only got about 25 hours on both of them so far, so maybe they will tone down a little. If you donā€™t have either yet, I would probably grab the KBB. (Or, if you want to really step it up, pass on both of these minor league boys and go for FD5)

lol! They are actually quite small with a shallow fit compared to many other IEMs. If you want to know what BIG isā€¦ Moondrop Blessing 2 & Thieaudio Monarch & Clairvoyance.

i am not used to IEMs beyond the final and like cheap 20 dollar earbuds

also it seems i am prefering the foam tips because they are very comfortable and warm

sorry for all those silicone stans

yes it is huuuuge compared to E3000,
for a better fit and less bulging out, use a short stem eartips, less than 7mm,
Azla sedna short is a good option,

Hello! I am new to iemā€™s topic and need your help.
Help me with the choice, I want to buy FH3. How do they compare to it00 in the mid and high frequencies? And the most important question for the same money can I buy new Galaxy Buds Pro, which is better than FH3 or Galaxy Buds Pro?
it00 had to be returned due to channel imbalance :slight_smile:

Gonna quote someone regarding the Galaxy Buds:

To me the Fiio FH3 are Jack of all Trades, Master of Many
They sound good with everything imo, they are just not exciting in terms of unique sound.
But this sort of sober goodness was what I wanted them for.

1 Like

Just received my FH3 earlier today, been listening to it and comparing it to my BLON BL03 and TIN T2.

A few thoughts:

• My worries about sibilance were completely unwarrented, thereā€™s no sibilance at all - in fact, if at all I could do with just a touch more sparkle
  • That said - mids can sound a bit shouty at times. Not a deal breaker but perhaps this is what people were refering to when they described them as fatiguing?
  • The V-shape signature means that vocals can sometimes sound distant as well
  • With the right tips, theyā€™re very comfortable and isolate suprisingly well
  • Theyā€™re exceptionally easy to drive, plays very well with mobile phones
  • While I can see how theyā€™re technically better and more refined than the BLONs, I was surprised by how well the BLONs performed against the FH3s, I think the FH3s just made me appreciate my BLONs even more - especially on songs where thereā€™s a substantial sub-bass presence through the track.

Still donā€™t think Iā€™ve quite landed on my next daily driver - but the FH3 will do for now.

If Iā€™m looking for something thats even easier to listen to with just a touch more treble sparkle - would the Starfields or the T4 be worth looking at?

Alternatively, if I want deeper sub-bass emphasis, would the Ikko OH10 or OH1 do the trick?

As always, appreciate your thoughts!

3 Likes

ehm, the FH3 are actually not V-shaped even with that massive bass. Since the mids are actually FORWARD and not recessed like V-shaped iems would imply.

Since it sounds like you prefer the 03 kind of tuning more than the FH3. I would recommend the Sony XBA-N3. That is the upgrade to the 03 in my opinion.

3 Likes

I too would like to know. I also went from the blons to FH3s.

This might be what I like to describe as BA timbre. BAā€™s have a crispiness to them, a harshness than can be seen as detail, but compared to an all DD IEM, you can pinpoint the differences in the more natural timbre of the single DD. Itā€™s a preference. Some may enjoy the detailed crunchy sound of certain BAā€™s and some might not. I believe the majority of mids and highs are handled with BAā€™s in the FH3.

The Blon is a fantastic IEM for the price and is a single DD. This is probably the big difference youā€™re hearing between the two. The FH3 bass is in a completely different league than the blon. The blons bass is undefined, untextured and bleeds into the mids. For certain music, the blon might be fine, but it is not technically impressive. But for 26 bucks who cares? I have a few of them.

1 Like

First impressions!

Just got the FH3 inā€¦

THE FUCK? Seriously Fiio, what the fuck?

These are brilliant.

First, the gripes:

Cable is better for speaker wire. Well made, but itā€™s a THICC boy. It jiggles, slaps, and hangs hard.

The cases are laughable. Gotta jam the IEM and cable into the soft case, the hard case is only good for storage due to the hunk of it and lack of top protection.

Tipsā€¦ first, they vary in size, the lighter/red ones make highs and mids shouty. The darker grey/red ones are sized a touch higher and donā€™t fit me right. Iā€™m using the black/black ones, which seem to give the FD3 a balanced sound. Havenā€™t yet thrown them in the tip-rolling ring, I like to establish a base from the stocks.

All this is nice to have, just not well-thought out, IMHO.

Anyways, the praises:

Bass is great, articulate and knows when it should be there and not. On some songs itā€™s in the background just playing around, then when it needs to be there itā€™s bumping. Very versatile bass.

Mids are detailed and very clear, but a bit too soft. For example, guitars can seem a bit soft compared to the upper mids where thereā€™s a touch more focus. Maybe this is due to the mid-bass being cleaned up and the bass more focused on the lower end.

Highs get right up to sibilant before rolling off. Very clear and airy, however I think they hinder the soundstage.

Imaging is probably the highlight, to the point where I think something is up with my ears or amp with imbalance. I threw some songs that I know for certain had purposed imbalances (like Kendrick Lamar who likes right-side bass for some reason) and itā€™s doing that proper.

Soundstage was what I was questioning as some reviewers state itā€™s small and others large. Itā€™s wide enough, but not intimate. Maybe a few inches from my ears side to side, but thatā€™s about it. Thereā€™s not much sense of presence around me, but it doesnā€™t seem too focused in my skull. I think this is a good middle ground without feeling too relaxed or too engaging, right in the middle for an IEM.

I was worried about the fit, but theyā€™re greatā€¦ so long as I keep to shallow tips. The black/black tips seem to fit great, but the others seem to add more distance and starts pressing against my inner-ears. I have small-medium ears, and the shells fill them well. No issues, I feel.

Versus Blon 03 (and Blon 01):

Itā€™s an upgrade. For sure. Very similar sound signature.

The biggest thing is that the Blons are always about the BASS. If thereā€™s a hint of bass, BOOM. Kinda like an over-excited golden retriever whoā€™s always jumping on people.

Iā€™d say, maybe controversially, that I think the Blons have more soundstage. (take with salt as I think Spinfits added this due to distance, and I havenā€™t started tip-rolling). At least the 03s. Thereā€™s a touch more of high top-end and the bass brings a surrounding presence. But itā€™s a very occasional spaciousness, that ā€œlook over your shoulderā€ feeling. FH3s have them beat in a bloody match in imaging, tho.

Highs and mids are just more refined, period. Maybe the FD3s have a trade off of highs for more mids, but Iā€™d say very similar and better vocals overall.

Overall, Iā€™m super surprised by these IEMs. Their balanced sound and quality is surprising. Iā€™d consider them a ā€œjack of all trades, master of noneā€ type of sound, and if someone is looking for something like that itā€™s a no-brainer decision.

BUT, Ikko OH10s arrive tuesdayā€¦ and I prefer the sound they put outā€¦

3 Likes

The bright vocal tips with red shafts work best for me. Instead, the bass tips donā€™t fit at all, as I donā€™t get a seal with them.
Probably the vocal tips do not match your ear shape or you are very sensitive to highs.
I had problems with shouty highs with the Sennheiser IEM, but with none of the tips with the FH3.
However, since they contain so many tips, thatā€™s not really a problem. Then everyone will find a suitable one. For me the vocal and for you the balanced tips.

I like the hard case very much, as it gives me space for the FH3, the BTR5 and a small USB cable.

I find the vocal tips to fit fine, and I like some sibilance in my highs (why Iā€™m excited for the OH10s). I just found they make the upper mids and lower treble to become grainy, like more shouty. Almost like the tuning is off.

Iā€™m running the red/black bass ones now, and dunno if I like the amount of bassā€“kinda too much sub-bass rumble on some tracks. Which I think some folks would love. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did try a spot of the cheapy tips that came with the Blons. They fit me well and are comfortable for me, just not on Blons. They bring a better balance, I feel. Thatā€™s just the start, I tip-roll slow.

Iā€™m considering the FH3 to replace the Starfield (which Iā€™m not that into) and to complement the T2.
I was wondering whether these will create a vacuum in your ear, since I have the FiiO FA1 which does and I canā€™t really use them for longer periods because of it.

By ā€œvacuumā€ I think you mean the pressure?

Not a problem. The FA1 is a BA only iem, so it doesnt have a vent to help with the pressure alleviation. The FH3 is a hybrid with a DD, so it needs to be vented and that will also help with pressure alleviation.

3 Likes

Not sure, but if I listen to them a while and then take them out itā€™s like breaking a vacuum seal. If I use them a couple days in a row I will get a stinging pain in my ears that will persist even when not wearing the IEMs. Really a shame since I like the sound of them.
Good to know the FH3 doesnā€™t have that problem though, thanks!

Yes, that is the pressure you are feeling.
No vent = air cant get out = pain/uncomfortable

2 Likes

Do these pair well with the BTR5? I was looking at the P1 as my next IEM, but I need something I can power from a btr5 or the likes of it, since itā€™ll not really be used for at home.

Forget about the P1 + BTR5 lol.

The FH3 should be perfectly fine with the BTR5.

3 Likes

Last question if itā€™s okay: Any reason to invest in a balanced cable for the FH3 or would the SE be plenty?