šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

I mean just wondering, if you are hearing a difference yourself, whatā€™s the point of trying to ignore it? Genuinely curious

Also looks nice, and the detach system is pretty sick :+1:

1 Like

Thanks M0N, it is beautiful and soft. I hardly even feel it.

I bought this cable with the soul reason to have the swappable connectors. Iā€™ve never believed or experienced cables improving audio quality but I might be right now. :cry: I guess I might have to re-think everything. UGH. Itā€™s something when you experience something first hand for the first time.

Could be the honeymoon phase too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And generally thatā€™s how I would recommend approaching things anyways, any sonic differences are either added benefits (or detriments lol), but the main point would prob be feeling/usability aspect for getting a nicer cable

3 Likes

Good looking cable. Does it come in a 0.78 2 pin connector variety by chance?

I totally agree, and that was my perspective on upgrading cables. ā€œdonā€™t expect to hear an improvement, but if you want to buy an upgrade cable, buy it because like the looks of it or because of the way it feelsā€.

Itā€™s simply possible that the FH3 really performs better balanced. Iā€™d have to swap cables back and forth to find out which I donā€™t care that much about. I am enjoying what Iā€™m hearing a lot and thatā€™s all that matters. Iā€™ve just gone from unbalanced to balanced before and didnā€™t hear this kind of difference.

EDIT: The soundstage feels even larger, the dynamics are punchier and everything sounds as if it has more weight if that makes sense.

Very possible as well, and honestly thatā€™s prob the case if itā€™s a massive difference, although that you didnā€™t notice the difference earlier is pretty interesting

1 Like

Thanks. love it already. It just comes with what you see. Hereā€™s a shot of the cable in the boxā€¦ Sorry itā€™s a little blurry.

3 Likes

If I donā€™t care about anything above 10K+ or actually prefer it to be subdued, that would probably make the FH3 the perfect IEM?

200 for a cable is a tough pill to swallow, but Iā€™m glad itā€™s kicking butt, as long as its good and meets your needs I say. :smiley:

2 Likes

Im so glad for you! That Cable is amazing and i think ill never be able to buy it ;u;

1 Like

Itā€™s not the only $200+ cable Iā€™ve purchased. All of the cables that have the interchangeable ends are really expensive. At least I didnā€™t buy the Dunu hulk!

Touche lol, Iā€™ve bought cables but they are just 20$ ones, they feel good and donā€™t tangle lol. Iā€™m kinda chill on that stuff, although I may get one of those since they look so sharpā€¦ Eventually :wink:

1 Like

Or indeed their Nobleā€¦

1 Like

Hey all! Glad the hype for this IEM is getting big fast. Itā€™s truly worthy of the hype. Just saying hello :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Are you using this Faael cable on FH3? If yes, would you mind to share a pic?

1 Like

I just saw this video. Instead of listening to what he had to say about the FH3 I just inspected his excel sheet with the many iems he has apparently reviewed. I doesnā€™t make any sense. H40 a C in sound and a Trn V90 a A! Isn D10 better than the H40?, Wtf! just go to the Isn thread in Headfi to listen to some of us that have both and you wonā€™t find anyone to say this nonsense. And like this many others. Makes no sense, it is ridiculous. All these Iem reviewers popping up than suddenly have all this preposterous idea that they are qualified for this. Ladies and gentlemen, Iems are headphones and like their big brothers they need experienced people and lots of time to really get to know how that hp/ iem sound, works and specially what kind of music they are designed and marketed for. But they are cheaper than over ears (in many cases) so younger people with less means can carry this reviewing hobby. This is the final straw for me. They are all using their subjective hearing to classify Iems but then all of them use this a b c d system they all copied from crinacle therefore all of them have different results when cataloging the items so adding to the confusion. There are a few of the iems to have the same position in the ranking but Iā€™m seriously considering that sometimes they donā€™t know what to do with some specific Iems due to the hype and they just copy each other, I can only guess considering how mediocre this iems migh be.
Iā€™ve had it with the hype train after buying many iems that didnā€™t live to my expectations and really enjoying other excellent ones like the Tri i3, (which is a marvel for jazz, blues, etc) that Beggar said it had a very weird tuning giving them an D (again check what the users have to say in the Headfi Tri thread, I mean, the people that have had them for months and not one week after giving their opinions).

Sorry for the rant but Iā€™m tired of throwing money away in hyped products (thatā€™s on me, canā€™t blame anyone else) that are at best mediocre. Iem reviewers opinions have to be respected, like anyone elseā€™s, but not be taking seriously and never be used as a base to buy .

5 Likes

I guess you can look at it that way lol.

1 Like

This sounds like the effect of it getting more juice from the amp lol. (besides the placebo and purchase bias justification lol.)

1 Like

7 Likes

I have to agree about personal rankings/rating spread sheets and I meaning no disrespect to anyone including Chris but thatā€™s just itā€¦ itā€™s just another personal opinionā€¦you really need to understand someoneā€™s sound sig preferences for it to make any sense and even then I wonder sometimes lol. Iā€™ve followed Chris for a couple of years now and enjoy and understand how he reviews sets using his library, I donā€™t however agree on all his recs but at least I know where heā€™s coming from so I can make up my own mind.

5 Likes