šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Honestly I just used the included tips on the iem and they sounded pretty great, I did quickly throw on some spiral dots though and that was nice as well, although I actually like stock a fair bit

2 Likes

Yeah they give a good amount of variety with the stock tips, and they actually did work for me pretty well. I didnā€™t try all of them yet though. But yes, even with the stock tips I tried, these things are great.

1 Like

It is the Fiio LC-3.5B

4.4mm version is called: LC-4.4B

https://www.amazon.com/LC-2-5B-LC-3-5B-LC-4-4B-Earphone-Replacement/dp/B07FZWNRWK

It is pretty expensive though. I recommend the Faaeal litz copper cable or the NiceHCK LITZPS cable.

1 Like

Does anybody know what cable this is included with them? Iā€™d love to get the exact same one, just terminated in a 4.4mm.

FWIW they give one for free to you if youā€™re willing to do some mini shilling.

Ctrl + F " Share your FH3 to win a nice gift!"

Very good on the questyle imo, they donā€™t need an iematch with it (although slight bit of noise which the ie match might help here), honestly really solid, improves upon what they are good at, although a tad softer in the treble when compared to the more neutral leaning sources

2 Likes

So happy youā€™re enjoying them M0N! Let us know your thoughts once youā€™ve had more time with them and on different sources. Iā€™d enjoy hearing your opinions of what sources work well with the FH3.

Stock tips never ā€œstickā€ in my ears and I prefer the sound much more of Spinfits.

2 Likes

I got and tested all the spinfit tips and went back to stock. They all worked but there were small sound changes with all of them and I like what the stock tips are doing. The bright side is that the spinfit tips found homes on my other IEMS so it wasnā€™t wasted money.

1 Like

This is a FD1 post but Iā€™ll drop it here since itā€™s Fiio related.

Iā€™m feeling confused. I bought an FD1 months ago and I hated it. In general, the bass was shy and the treble was elevated, sibilant and harsh. I had to EQ the treble down to even listen to it. I decided to return it since Iā€™d never put it in my ears again.

After all this Fiio hype and reading other peopleā€™s description and reactions of the FD1, I decided to give it another shot with hopes that it might sound better with more break-in. I got the new FD1 today and it sounds nothing like I remember. It sounds great! The treble isnā€™t harsh and the bass is pounding away. WTF? I know many donā€™t feel the FD1 cable is anything special but I love the look and feel of this cable.

Maybe I had a defective unit? Should I leave updated reactions in the FD1 thread? I feel kinda bad I crapped all over it if it was just defective.

1 Like

Specifically which stock tips are you enjoying? You have me intrigued.

Iā€™m glad the Spinfits werenā€™t a waste!

Iā€™ve been using the black ones. Theyā€™re all pretty close though.

1 Like

Thanks. The stock black ones just fall out of my ears. lol

I think I got pretty lucky with my ears. Pretty much any ā€œmediumā€ range tip will sit in there nicely. I will say that the spinfit CP100s are probably most comfortable and grippy seal I have ever experienced though. Theyā€™re doing work with my T2s right now.

1 Like

I have to use medium and small stock tips, I like the sound from them, but Iā€™m running epro horn tips

Thatā€™s why I need them! I love their sound too. CP145 work for me too.

I didnā€™t really have a similar experience, but did hear a noticeable difference between 2 different units. My initial unit had solid, but overall mellow bass, and the highs seemed a little rolled off, but I did like the sound and was fully satisfied with it. I exchanged them for another one because there was something rattling around inside the left earpiece, though it didnā€™t affect the sound.

The second unit I received had more pronounced bass as well as more extended treble, though not at all harsh. I found both units to be particularly natural sounding and smooth, with well textured and fast bass.

If you havenā€™t tried it yet, try putting a small piece of micropore tape (so it breathes some) over the main vent that overlies the DD. It REALLY boosts the bass. On the first unit I had, I preferred it taped, but with my second unit, the already good bass becomes too pronounced.

I also really like the included FiiO FD1 cable, and actually am using it with the Mangird Tea. It looks better than a silver cable.

So is it unit variation or maybe a QC problem for the earlier batches?

For me it was sample variation I think, but nothing egregious.

Thanks for your reactions. Itā€™s really nice to hear someone elseā€™s experiences.

Iā€™m kinda shocked with this FD1. It sounds nothing like the first one I had. Chalk another one up to unit variation. Iā€™m getting tired of this. The consumers have no idea what weā€™re going to end up with if all the products end up sounding completely different from one another.

With this FD1, I donā€™t need any more bass than it already has. The first one was horrible. This FD1 Iā€™m so shocked with, Iā€™m going to have to do some critical listening comparing it to the FH3. They both are tuned similarly with the FD1 possibly having a bit more dynamic punch, slightly less bass but boosted treble in comparison. Iā€™m really enjoying it. They sound quite similar.

Itā€™s nice to hear you like the cable as well. It is beautiful, soft, smooth, flexible and light, but not too light. (the LC-RC was so light the cables wouldnā€™t stay in place behind my ears from the weight of the cable. It defied gravity). I wish they had a balanced version.

Who knows? So far, Iā€™m very happy I gave it a second shot. Itā€™s not going back.

Thieaudio Legacy 3 vs Fiio FH3.

Sucks I donā€™t have a good L3. I even paid for a custom shell.

4 Likes

If only there was an easy and accessible way for everyone to be able to measure the frequency response of their products to know if they have something out of place or not for sure. I donā€™t know how measuring works for the most part, but Iā€™m guessing there is a lot of variables you have to account for that can alter the frequency response you end up with such as how you place it to measure and what youā€™re using to measure.

1 Like

Had a few more hours listening. I have to say these are an absolute bargain for the price.

Currently Iā€™m using the stock translucent tips with red cores. Very comfortable and secure in the ears. Are spinfits significantly different?

Iā€™d say the soundstage is quite narrow, more narrow than my Sennheiser IE80, but instruments sound natural and have texture. The IE80 essentially doesnā€™t have any mids by comparison :rofl:

Just an enjoyable, non-fatiguing listen overallā€¦ I guess you could say they lack a little bit of high-end detail, e.g. the treble doesnā€™t compare to my Denon AH-D7000, hence people here saying they donā€™t suit classical or acoustic music.

I guess Iā€™ll just have to save for the Sony IER Z1R next! I think Iā€™m starting to prefer IEMs over headphones for the way they just disappear and youā€™re left to enjoy the sound.

1 Like