šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Yo bro :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve lurked here for a while, but this thread inspired me to join. Resistance is futile, I placed my order on Amazon. This may make me rethink me plan to save up for the 64 Audio Nio. Iā€™m thinking that between the FH3 and Tea, I have all music genres covered.

5 Likes

hahaha, yeah it is pretty hard to not pull the trigger on something that is hyped. :joy:

Then when the P2 comes out, the trigger will be pulled then again when the A7 comes. rinse and repeat :joy:

1 Like

The positive about doing it like this, is that it allows the manufacturers to improve the latest tech (EST) and make them better and cheaper. So that is nice and it also allows you to know better about what you prefer the sound to be like since you have more iems. :+1:

Iā€™ll be happy to do some listening test tonight for you.

EDIT: Sorry something came up and this will take me till at least tomorrow night to carve out some time to do it. You might have your own FH3 by then? Congrats!

5 Likes

So is the FH3 the $100 -$200 IEM king?

1 Like

In my 50+ collection of iems, yes. No wait, its actually a king for the 1-300 usd range since that is what my stuff costs. (I cant say it is above 300 usd since I havent heard stuff above that price, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was better than some.)

Here is what I have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

(0:00-0:51)
This ost sounds so damn good on the FH3. The bass sounds so natural without any bloat and the soundstage makes it very immersive.

Hopefully I havenā€™t posted this one before? lolā€¦Headfonics feed is randomā€¦

1 Like

ā€œIf I had to nitpick on what I didnā€™t quite like with the FH3 tuning is that it presents a slightly compressed bass and a narrower staging element for my personal preferences.ā€

Not in my opinion, the depth and width of the soundstage is above average. While the bass is phenomenal.

1 Like

The only thing about these that I can complain about is the cable. While it looks really well made and doesnā€™t jank or get tied up in itself at all, itā€™s so stiff that I find it really awkward to use in any situation where Iā€™m moving around, and if it bumps things it picks up a ton of noise. The IEMs themselves though, SO good.

Iā€™ve spent the last day running through my library trying songs out and loving the results. The bass on its own deserves an insane amount of praise, absolutely slams when it needs to and yet it never seems to disturb the other ranges at all, and the rest of the signature is right on point for my tastes.

This purchase was such a win that I donā€™t see myself adding to the IEM collection again unless these die on me. Feelsgoodman.

4 Likes

Yeah the cable is a shame. (doesnā€™t cost much to get the Faaeal litz copper cable though but stillā€¦)

Yeah, not a big deal. I have several cables around that should work fine, plus I have the Fiio bluetooth attachments which work great. I was running around with them earlier and despite these weighing a bit more than some other iems I have used for active use, the hooks did a really good job of supporting them and keeping them locked in place.

2 Likes

I think they are pretty average in their weight though. :joy:

Possibly, but this is probably more of a case of the reviewer not being used to an IEM that can deliver as much bass as the FH3 can. They pretty clearly state that factā€¦

ā€œOne of the things that I noticed with the FH3 is the quantity of the bass. It has a quite a lot of bass, maybe due to the S. turbo bass and the singular focus of the large beryllium coated drivers on the lows. With the FH3, I can almost feel the bass rumble around me, the bass on the FH3 simply sounds big despite imaging fairly centrally.ā€

If someone is used to something like the FD1 (as the reviewer is) which has more treble than it does bass (bad horrible treble at that) and they hear the bass the FH3 can deliver, they might struggle with how to describe that. Quantity and quality of bass does not mean compressed bass. I think they might not understand this.

I 100% agree. Fiio have usually done an outstanding job with their cables. The FH7 cable is my favorite IEM cable I own. Heck, the cable that came with the FD1 was beautiful! The cable that came with the FH3 is a complete let down. I hate it.

I have my replacement coming today.

Haha! I felt the same way as soon as I got mine. I actually listened to some of my headphones the day after I received the FH3 because in the back of my mind, I felt likeā€¦ oh well, the IEM chase is over for me.

I know it wonā€™t really be, but I wonā€™t be searching for IEMs in the lower priced range anymore. The FH3 hits WAY above its price tag. Finding something out there that is definitely ā€œbetterā€ will be the next challenge, at any price point. Still eyeing some of those Andros Ohmboy! :laughing:

2 Likes

I would have considered that if the reviewer was new at this. But headphonics arent exactly new guys so I cant give them that excuse for thisā€¦

2 Likes

Another rather impressive impression and this guy is very genuine in his reviews.

4 Likes

Iā€™m subscribe to this guy on YouTube. I really like him. Very down to earth and laid back personality. I could learn a thing or two from him. Iā€™m the total opposite.

His previous highest ranked IEM was the FH7 so I can see thiis guy loving the FH3.

EDIT: ā€œEverything is just done perfectlyā€ Love it. Itā€™s funny how the FH3 has gone directly to the top of his list. Ha ha! I love this IEM.

ā€œThis beats the FH7ā€ Totally agree.

Maybe I donā€™t understand compression then. Iā€™ve just been using compressors for over 20 years in mixing and mastering audio. It also should not be easy to hear compression if itā€™s done well. Compressors are often used to make the sound fatter by reducing the dynamics. Without compression, some instruments can disappear in a mix. Bass & vocals are usually big offenders. If a vocalist can keep their dynamic range at a constant, by moving away and toward the mic while hitting louder or softer passages, they really know what theyā€™re doing and the engineers job will be a lot easier.

Mehā€¦ I could go on forever about this stuff. Iā€™ll stop.

If anyone is interested, Iā€™ll just drop this here. This is a vocalist that knows his stuff! I love himā€¦

1 Like