🔶 Fiio M3 Pro

This is the official thread for the Fiio M3 Pro

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 3.5mm out, USB in
  • ES9218P 32-Bit/384kHz & DSD128, Ingenic X1000E, 64MB RAM, 75 mW @ 32 ohms, 3.5 inch display
  • Micro SD card slot, 1000 mAh battery, Media buttons

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

Anyone try this thing?

In theory I was able to test it this month but unfortunately the guy I was supposed to work with in his audio store directly stated that he don’t give a damn about my parents health and that I’m supposed to work in his store in a city which is an infection epicenter right now, no matter the situation nor circumstances.

1 Like

Thought I would ask here if anyone has had a chance to try this yet? Need a new DAP and this is really appealing due to USB DAC functionality and it being within my ~100$ budget.

I brought this player after the Z Reveiw came out, a BTR3K with a full music player built in for $80us sounded like a great deal, the first month was a little painfull as the softwear was buggy, some examples were, displaying the current track text and previus track text or “N” & “M” being inverted in the fast scroll search but most problems were fixed with a softwear update.
I only have 4 minor softwear problems that bug me
1: when i turn on my computer it dosnt always auto switch to the usb dac(this is fixed by unplugging and pluging it in twice in a row),
2: no search bar(you could probubly use T9 typing to fit on the small screen),
3: no play next button,
4: no shuffle button(you have to click on a song then hit next with shuffle enabled to get a random song).

features i would like to see on an a m3 pro v2 would be
1: usb3.2(10gbps) gen 2 or at least usb 3.2 gen 1(5gbps) the usb 2.0(480 Mbit/s) means i have to remove my micro sd card and put it in a card reader every time i want to add music but this apears to be a problems with all music players in general be it fiio, shanling or hidiz.
2: seporate next/last track buttons.
3: blutooth i know the m5 has blutooth(the m5 is way to small for me, i used to use an ipod nano 6th gen so ive battled with that size screen before) and the reason im buying a music player is to enjoy the dac/amp and if it had a blutooth transmitter and maybe a receiver would make it more usable and recomendable to people.
4: an oled screen would be great but i completly understand why it dosnt have one but the perks would be an even nicer veiwing experience with “infinant” contrast but more importantly slightly longer battery life as the m3 pro already uses a defult dark theme
5: in line headphone volume/track control suport would be nice as well for when you can put your hand in your pocket to press the side buttons,
6: in line microphone suport would be good as well as since the included mic isnt that great,
7: a balanced outpute would be great as well

sorry for spelling gramer issues if yall have ferther questions im willing to go into more detail i might do a more full on review or a part 2 as i use it more or enough questions apear and if i upgrade in the future i might do a comparison