Final Audio UX3000 (Wireless ANC headphones) - short review

Hi everyone, here is a short review based on my experience with Final Audio UX 3000:

Sound:
Pros:

• Versatile and good sounding sound signature - boosted bass with a bit of 1k Hz emphasis. Results in FR that is pleasant to listen to and avoids any annoying harhness or sibillance in treble at the same time

• Impactful bass, fullness in mids

• Treble good enough so that it can provide richness to the sound and make it too dark or muddy despite the boosted bass region

Cons:

• Lacks any “airyness” in the upper treble - well, not a pair of cans to savour minute details of percussion, but not the most important thing on portable ANC cans TBH…

• Bass can be too boomy for “neutralheads”

Features and usability:
Pros:

• ANC good enough to let you listen in a tram or train - not the market leading ANC by any measure, but this cans are no slouch in that regard in my opinion

• comfortable pads

• basically all of the basic functionality can be operated via easy to find physical buttons

• pairs quickly

Cons:

• when you listen to them on a bus driving on a very bumpy road - sound can cut in “flanger-guitar-effect-like” manner

• lack of passthrough mode

• no app (I do not need one, but I can imagine some people would find that as a noteworthy disadvantage)

• pads can be too small for people with bigger than average ears

Summary:
Good sounding cans with decent ANC. If you do not need passthrough mode and do not care about the lack of app - a bargain for someone looking for bluetooth ANC headphones with sound quality as the main concern.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I really enjoyed my trial of the UX3000. Perhaps the best-sounding ANC cans for neutral-ish sound under $350 I’ve heard.

But … the cups are tiny. I have slightly larger than normal ears, and the fit was far too snug. Damn near on-ear.

Bummer, as I would have loved to keep them. Great value for $150.

1 Like

Sadly lack of air seems to be a common trend with with finals “general public” targeted products. Its not like the driver cant take it either since you can push down the 6k and pull up the 9~15k and it will take it like a champ without any digital noise.

Even their flagship ZE8000 TWS suffers from this type of tuning.

Kind of sad as I really wanted a good portable ANC headphone not named H910(at lest to my ears the h.ear on is much better than the xm4/5 at balancing ANC and transants)

These days I generally stick to the ATH-TWX9 as my wireless of choice.

Still want Final to make a TWS/BT headphone in the vien of A5000 though. Imo thats the best evolution of final sound.

1 Like