šŸ”· Flux FA-10/FA-10 Pro

I think itā€™s easier for you to order Pro version and not make any upgrades for regular FA10. The Pro should provide the best performance out of the box.

I saw from the rebelamp thread that you are getting the pro version. Iā€™m curious on how it differ from the regular version.

Flux labs told me that the Pro version has higher resolution throughout the range. I didnā€™t want a dominant bass like Š° Rebelamp because its quality is not so high and it sounds muddy. The regular FA10 didnā€™t have as much bass as the rebel, but high-frequency range was noticeably smoothed out. This sound setting is quite musical and I understand people choosing the regular version, but I want amplifier to be technically more perfect and neutral.

I have a similar sound preference to you, but seeing thereā€™s almost no review for the pro version makes me hesitant to buy it. Iā€™ll wait for your impression/review on it.

I think many people donā€™t buy the Pro version because of the name - PRO. But I looked at other flux products and they seem to be exclusively for audiophiles and not for professional use. When the amplifier arrives, Iā€™ll write a few words.

2 Likes

How do the Auteurs sound on this amp? if anyone owns both.

Itā€™s coming soon!

2 Likes

Better pictureā€¦ my god itā€™s a thing of beauty!

iā€™d love to know too, I own a VC and am looking at getting a pair of Auteurs

So, looking at Zeosā€™ setup I think he sold both amps unless I they were simply loaners, or he has them elsewhere in his house. I went to look at their site and it appears that they donā€™t offer the color options anymore, then again everything is back ordered. I guess they took off and canā€™t keep up with production>

You can contact them through their customer service or their Facebook (they respond surprisingly quick through Facebook) to get a custom colour faceplate. And yea, lately they have a lot on their hands, plus the difficulties caused by the pandemic. So, if you order, it will take some time.

Good to know, which did you order? :stuck_out_tongue:

Havenā€™t ordered yet, still waiting for reviews on volot. Got so much hope for it, but Iā€™m afraid it doesnā€™t deliver.

I googled Volot and random stuff showed up. What is their site and which amp?

They havenā€™t officially released it, but there are so many hype building around it. You can see the thread for the FA-10 and FA-12 in head-fi and the thread for Volot in head-fi. Many said itā€™s a giant killer. To be honest with you, it feels too good to be true, but weā€™ll see if it delivers

It costs several thousand dollars. Not sure how itā€™s a giant killer. ā€œGiant Killerā€ generally refers to something ā€œcheapā€ thatā€™s better than something expensive. Maybe it kills itself? And nobodyā€™s heard it (because itā€™s not finished) so how would they know? People say a lot of dumb shit on the internetā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the biggest thing lol, itā€™s not even anything people have heard yet, itā€™s like looking at a prototype car and claiming itā€™s going to be the best of the best on the road, like on what basis is that claim being made???

1 Like

Exactly. The build pics are impressive and I doubt theyā€™ll make a piece of crap but likeā€¦letā€™s hear it first before proclaiming itā€™s the next coming lol.

1 Like

Definitely excited to hear one when I get the chance to, but just like the other flux products, so far their capabilities have been vastly overstated (depending on where you look), good amps, but a whole lotta hype that they donā€™t live up to imo, but I bet the volot will be pretty great

2 Likes

did you ever hear the pro version yourself? what do you think?