Focal ELEX troubleshooting

I bought a pair of Elex a few months ago second hand off Canuck Audio Mart and right away started to notice a strange issue. During certain bass/sub bass frequencies I SOMETIMES hear a rattling in one channel.

It happens most often on the right but I have heard it on the left and neither is consistent.
It seems to only happen while multiple frequencies are playing at once, I can play bass sweeps at ear bleeding volume all day with no issue.
It doesn’t seem to be volume dependent either, I can trigger it at whisper quiet levels but then other times playing the exact same song at twice the volume I get no problems at all.
I thought it might be the cable so I upgraded to a Hart Audio cable but the issue persists.
I have a pair of 6XX plugged in to the exact same stack and have no issues on anything at any volume.

Any advice? Thoughts? Similar experience?

I would honestly start looking to see if there’s something like a strand of hair stuck in the driver or through the grill. This was the case for me with my Fostex T60rp, rattling noise in left cup, turned out if was a few strands of hair that were vibrating around.

Should be easy enough to pull out with a plastic tweezer.