đŸ”¶ Focal Elex

Nope, saw that other thread and had it deleted lmao

I am not particularlly against it, i’d just rather it be more innate to the headphone instead. Considering the frequency I will probably pick up the listen pro over there for an audition less theres a better strong alternative. As someone who loves the V signature thats what I would look for due to not liking a real bad recessed mid frequency lol.

the thing is, you have mostly only auditioned headphones. and even then not for long to my knowledge. i think your opinions are a bit incomplete atm or staight up wrong. I suggest you try to spend ALOT of time with a headphone in order to truly get to know what it sounds like. Moving from headphone to headphone too in such a short span of time is going to kinda just get everything jumbled together.

Very incorrect. A lot of the ones I have tested out I have kept those that I didn’t enjoy after a couple weeks or longer I got rid of. Those that I have kept I listen to quite frequently.

eh whatever you say. That’s a tad bit rude however, you are entitled to your opinion.

i mean, i straight up remember just a few months ago you switched headphone everyday. when you audiotioned them from a buddy. I think most people told you to slow down. it’s pretty documented. and a bit rude is fair enough i suppose i could have worded it better, but it’s true. not trying to cause any conflict in the forums since god knows there has been enough of that lately lol. but it’s a fair opinion on my side.

Switched? Nah, still have them and have been debating on their purchase. 177x go and argons to be specific on the biggest contenders towards my purchasing cause they are really damn good. General rule of thumb for the ones I sit down with is at the very least a month’s time less it has a strict return policy in which around 3 weeks which by then gives me a general idea of whether I really want to keep them.

most people? no only like two made that remark which granted was accurate and I began to slow down right afterwards cause this was an accurate statement and I was rushing just a bit too much. Changing headphones everyday though? No, I had ordered around 4 headphones as this was early stages of my just getting into the hobby and trying to find a sound signature that suits me other than the dt 990 which is what I had at the time of checking out so many other styles of sound. It worked well and I found what I was looking more into. In this particular case I am looking into trying a sound signature I don’t have experience with.

Could have yes, however I am not one to get all angry and bent out of shape on a forum and start angrily ranting. It’s your opinion and I respect that.

1 Like

Migrating response here from DEALS thread:

Short answer, yes. I could simplify as Elex is like a House wine while Utopia is a fine vintage for special occasions.

Detail on Utopia ans Stellia is on another level–that’s what the big bucks pay for. Elex is no slouch, though, and has a very nice signature that’s easy to listen to every day. My biggest problem with Utopias is just that they’re so completely open; I need to find opportunities for 0 distractions to appreciate them properly. Elex are also very open, but they make a great daily driver for music and gaming, and not all of those experiences are under ideal conditions.

I also own the Clears (Pros, fwiw). These have a very difference sound signature from the rest of the Focal line–more of an even / reference / detailed type of voicing. Elex are fun for everyday listening, but I like Clears for analytical listening–if I really want to know what’s going on in a track, Clears. If I want to find a good reference for bass or detail or spatial aspects or whatever, Clears. If I just want to dive into a game with great audio or listen to a favorite album, Elex. Clears can be very musically enjoyable, too, and I like to rotate them in for a change of pace, but Elex is better for me for everyday casual listening.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply! :+1:

1 Like

:fu: F-YOU FOCAL ! :fu:
I have em now !!
With ur stupid
 policy’s
 rules
markets
 and all

(but i still love the lovely products you make and will buy them again :heart:) .

So today is the day of todays. Had to get the big boy camera for this one.

And if anyone has not seen a +800$ Elex and Corpse Cable cable combo, here you go.
When including all the shipments
 taxes
 import cost and so on. It is was over +1000$.

Still. They are really amazing. Hate writing this
 but OMG!!
Totally is my headphone endgame combo, right here. Even when the lowest of low bass ain’t there. Still pretty daam goooooood. :slight_smile:

The cable is very nice as well. Smooth, dead straight and dead silent (hidden marketing right there) over the distance i have it. I’ll just head back to my full length potato sofa and relax, with a glass of wine.

10 Likes

Nice. I’m guessing you had trouble getting a pair since you’re outside the US?

Yes. I tried from drop and no
 and from focal and of course it was a no.
“Buy the stuff you have available, good headphones”. Nope. Not today.

Congrats! That’s persistence and commitment. Enjoy!!

1 Like

How did you end up getting them in the end, eBay?

:wink: Yea sure, 2 ebay guys delivered them. :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone wanna sell me their Elex? Please? :innocent::innocent:

(this is not my listing)

2 Likes

If you can wait, they’ll probably hit $600 on Drop around Xmas and New Year, assuming the current drop finishes on time and it follows the same pattern as last year.
I’m probably going to sell mine.

Massdrop’s not selling them to the EU either way
Soooo
 PM me if you’re selling? :wink:

I think I may of just noticed the driver clipping people are talking about. When I go to about under 60 hertz and below with a frequency, there is a weird rattle/buzzing like noise in the right ear cup at a normal volume which is super apparent, if I lower the volume enough, it eventually goes away, but at that point you can barely still hear the frequency.

Well, it was just a really well hidden piece of hair it seems, since pulling one out fixed it. I took the pad off but in the process made the covering start to come out of the bottom but was able to squeeze it back in after fiddling with it since my last post. I’m beginning to learn that hair is going to usually be my culprit when I have a problem. I’ll have to remember to check that first before anything else and not jump to any conclusions.

For future reference, here’s a clip (heh) of the mechanical clipping seen in the Elex:

1 Like