🔷 Focal Listen Pro

Comfortable on-ear? What sorcery is this?
Jk.
But wow, if they are comfortable that’s great.

Can anyone say how the Listen Pro differs from the Listen, or Listen Wireless?
For ~$100 (USD before tax) difference, you go from:
Focal Listen $199

Focal Lisen Wireless $215

Focal Listen Pro $299 (Same price on Sweetwater and Vintage King)

The listen and listen wireless are alright but TBH I would really recommend going for the listen pros here, they are a noticable improvement

Also b stock listen pros for a good price (currently 222 USD)

1 Like

I wear glasses too so I was impressed

1 Like

I did not need nor want another pair of headphones… a man may eat cardboard until christmas 2020…

3 Likes

It’s worth lol

They were the first focals headphones that I heard, we got them a few months ago. I thought the detail was amazing compared to other headphones in the price range and some we have that are more expensive. It made pulling the trigger on the Clears so much easier. If these $300 Focal sound this good, imagine what $1,500 sounds like.

I’m not dissapointed in either and I’m still debating about the Elegia. If someone wanted to get a taste of focal on a budget this is it, IMO

As far as on the ear or over, they are over ear for me.

I actually started pretty high in the focal range and later acquired the listen pros due to a mishap destroying my work drivers and personally liked them a whole lot
Theres similarities in the tonality and feel of the sound which makes it easy to swotch between the two for me

1 Like

A small change/mod/fix to the Focal Listen Pro makes them a true hidden gem. I saw a pair like new for sale and picked them up for $98. Out of the box I was less than impressed with the sound of these. So I pulled the pads to take a look. I found a small round white disc made of dense foam glued over the drivers. I carefully pealed these off in case I needed to replace them. Put the pads back on and OMG! These now sound amazing. The bass is enhanced but is tight and punchy. The bass does not bleed into the vocals or sound at all muddy. Vocals are lush and clear. The top end is rolled off but sounds very good. These are now dynamic yet buttery smooth. More of a fun headphone but one that can be listened to for hours with no fatigue. For closed cans they have decent sound stage and imaging is very good. Given they are light, durable, and closed these are great for using when you are out and about. I highly reccomend these with the discs removed. Try it if you own a pair and share your thoughts.

1 Like