🔷 Focal Listen Pro

This is the official thread for the Focal Listen Pro

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]…

2 Likes

I would actually argue against it being amp dependent. As its efficiency is like 122 db. I can run them loud off my work computer no problem

Sorry, my bad lol, did this on phone, wasn’t paying attention. I would agree as well, it’s not picky and is fairly easy to drive

2 Likes

How is isolation with these? Pretty good?

Pretty good I would say, also portable

1 Like

Perhaps a good neutral pair for somebody who travels a lot!

I would think so. They dont have the biggest pads but they’re comfortable and easy to wear. There is also a non pro version I believe.

1 Like

Yes, I end up preferring the more refined tuning of the pro

1 Like

Same. It feels natural to listen to imo. Not too bassy. Not too treble heavy

1 Like

yes…I wantz these too.

1 Like

we have a set that I’ve been using that I nee to review. They are great and made it an easy decision to order the clears

I feel like these are the cheapest way to get Focal headphones, but you may not get the full Focal experience… If that makes sense. Shrugs Never had a chance to try them, but just a feeling I get. Sometimes it’s right, others… Let’s just say shit happens…

Somewhat correct. These are pretty good but not like focals higher end lineup (doesn’t share too many similarities). There is a pretty clear distinction from the higher end and lower end focal, but they are still solid performers nonetheless.

1 Like

where do you start the ‘higher end’ bar? Elex? Clear? or Stellia? cause really, if you start at the Elex, thats the second step with only the Elegia in the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Elegia, elex, and beyond lol. Technically the elear but I really wouldn’t recommend that. Focal has a distinct absence of 300-500 range cans

1 Like

I think I need to point out that these headphones are detailed and catch a lot of high end detail without being too fatiguing. I spent basically 4 weekends blasting spotify these for 6 hours a piece while working on a storyboard, without having to take breaks (like for my ears) or getting distracted.

I heard these are on ear, not over. what did you find?

Depends on the size of your ear. For me they are technically on ear. But the memory foam (gel?) makes it as comfortable as over ear.

Do you have the 1more triple drive headphone? or the meze 99 headphone? how does it compare?

No sorry. I just have a set of 280 Pros 1st gen, These, Portapros, a pair of audiotechnica broadcast headphones and my stellias atm
the following comparison between the two are based on my 280pros
I would say These are better overall than the 280 pros, not as outright bassy, but has a lot more detail overall. Comparitive listening on A number of Son Lux albums, the vocals are much clearer. I also feel there’s a bit better… Idfk what to call it like the music sounds deeper, less compressed. Voices in the mix that were more distant feel more distant on listens. whereas the 280s the virtual presence is more compressed.

edit
The bass on these headphones are… not super heavy, you can hear the mid bass and lower bass tones and structure but it doesn’t HIT especially hard meaning you don’t feel it deep in your core like some headphones. just to clarify on that.

2 Likes