Foreign music recommendations

Some Italian jazz fo that ass.

A bit of Taiwanese metal fo that ass.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that f*cked up video. :stuck_out_tongue:

Russian metal.
Was searching youtube for info about the Burevestnik missile, and it’s also the name of a band.

I’m here to show a little of the Choro, a Brazilian style that makes you think of samba and bossa but with a faster pace, and the use of more instruments like the flute and the clarinet besides a pandeiro and a guitar.

Most of what you will find is in Portuguese, but this a series in English I liked a lot, hope you can al know a little more of this rhythm I love.

He had his moment of fame a while back, but I just saw him in concert and I gotta say Panjabi MC can get a party going. I’d def pick him over today’s D’n’B and mumble rap and whatever clubbing music is going around.

Oum (Oum El Ghaït Benessahraoui), from Morocco

2 Likes

Another really good modern Greek musician and vocalist, Thanos Petrelis. The song is titled
“Το αίμα μου”, which means My Blood.

1 Like
2 Likes

German folk band “Spillwark” makes music in “oostfreesk Platt” (East Frisian Low Saxon, a german dialect)

2 Likes

Put on shuffle and enjoy. Mostly french but some swedish, japanese and turkish stuff as well. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0SNqYGOfZehBnmDwdbgMJV?si=JPCM01kPSrSr2Ahn_kG6xw

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find Pizzicato Five forever, but I can only find one (rather meh) album available digitally and the CDs all cost more to ship than the CDs themselves (and they’re all used).

No idea what they’re saying but I like it:

Youtube search is something like “aigel - tatarin”

1 Like

Probably the most iconic band in Romania, active in folk-rock from the 70s until a few years ago, source of some of the most often played songs by guitarists around camp fires :slight_smile: :

Phoenix
Here is one song from the more psychedelic/progressive rock album “Cantafabule” themed on fantastic beasts. This is a singular piece were the lyrics are not actually in Romanian but in the Aromanian dialect, spoken more in Greece and Macedonia than in Romania itself. It’s about an owl bringing misfortune and calamity wherever it goes.

From their other great album “Bud of a Flute” (“Mugur de fluier”), one of their best-known songs about the hajduks, who used to ambush rich lords in the woods and steal from them and/or kill them in retribution for their abuses against commoners. (Their other song about a specific hajduk “Andrii Popa” is more popular, but musically I like “Strunga” more.)

1 Like

This is new… and beautiful.

Unexpected, orchestral music, probably inspired by Irish music, coming from a (mostly) K-pop youtube channel, lol.

2 Likes

Nikola Parov’s Sunlegend is a unique fusion of Hungarian folk music and jazz, loads of percussion and strings, almost sounds like tribal music but then the saxophone cuts in and oh my god it’s awesome. You just want to dance around a huge fire while on shrooms with these playing in your ears. But maybe that’s just because of my hungarian blood. I’ve actually seen this performed live like 5 times over the years and it’s always an incredible experience.

Highlights: Wild in dance, Pentages, Tender Skirts, My heart is cold, My sun my sun!

This is (in my opinion) the most beautiful song ever made, it’s hungarian hip-hop, I just wish you could understand the lyrics, maybe you can google translate it, but that wouldn’t do it justice… This song encapsulates the feeling of longing for someone you love, the pain of having lost them and the beauty and joy of remembering happy days together perfectly. I can never listen to it without crying. One of my favorite tracks of all time.

Now this is epic music in my opinion, I don’t listen to a lot of metal, but only because I don’t know many other bands like them. Give them a listen, I think their music is very beautiful and emotional but incredibly strong.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Since I mentioned it elsewhere, here’s a gorgeous 70s Brazilian song available in surprisingly high quality on the public YouTube: How bad sounding are "topic" uploaded YT "videos" anyways? - #5 by abm0

1 Like