Fosi Audio BT20A Pro desktop power amp

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro - the V3’s cousin

DISCLAIMER: This unit was sent to me by Fosi Audio for review and comment. All opinions are my own.

I have owned several Fosi Audio devices over the years, specifically the Q4 Headphone DAC/AMP and K5 Pro Headphone DAC/AMP. Both of which I have been very happy with in their particular use cases, so when Fosi Audio reached out for testers and reviews for their new BT20A Pro Power Amp, I readily agreed.

The BT20A Pro is a Power Amplifier with a claimed 300W per channel at 4Ohms with a THD of <0.005% and a SNR of >108DB. It is running the Texas Instruments TPA3255 opamp, that you are starting to see in many devices and like them, you can roll them.

The BT20A Pro is a small package, only 127mmx127mmx25.4mm and can come with a variety of 5A power supplies from 24-48V. I was supplied with the standard 32V PSU, which is more than adequate for my needs. As a bonus it has tone controls and Bluetooth (SBC/AAC codecs).

The build quality is great, I was shipped the blue unit with the orange volume knob, and it does not look out of place on the desk. Overall, for the cost (US $99) it’s a great unit.

So, my setup for this power amplifier is pretty simple, the source is a PC with a Topping DX3 Pro + DAC/AMP plugged into the BT20A Pro, which in turn is powering two Q Acoustics Q3010i speakers on a desk in a small room.

I tested Bluetooth connectivity, and it is fine. I would have liked to have seen at least AptX for better quality, however that’s not my use case for this device.

The sound from this setup is very clean and the BT20A Pro has more than enough power for these speakers. I’ve heard no distortion or clipping, and the unit only ever gets a little warm. I’m not running a sub in this configuration, but the tone controls allow me to adjust the sound easily to my listening preferences.

I look forward to spending more time listening to this Power Amp and can happily recommend it for any small or medium systems. I can see some larger speakers, maybe a 48V PSU and some opamp rolling is in its future.