🔶 Fostex TH909

This is the official thread for the Fostex TH909. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • Amp needed*
  • Open Back

*Unit is amp dependent. Watch review for choices

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

Z Reviews

Audio46

Hey @ZeosPantera I am looking to pick up this pair of headphones after watching your review about 5 times. I’m going to grab the xDuoo you used in the video but was curious if you found anything you liked more when running these.

Also was curious what pads you recommend you had said the Lambskin Icon but I wasn’t 100% where to find those.

Thanks!

The xDuoo TA-10 tube hybrid is apparently the best ( at least according to Zeos) and the pads can be found here. I would look around for more info on what exact pads to get but the ZMF lambskin eikon are probably your best bet.

1 Like

More? Nope. I just found the TA-10 recently and it took a year of ownership just to stumble across it with THAT particular tube.

Perfect thanks for linking those pads will definitely pick them up!

Awesome, appreciate the help. Last question, your amazon review noted getting a quality DAC along with the TA-10. Even though your reddit guides stated you could do the TA-10 alone. This due to the nature of the 909’s? What quality DAC would you recommend?

After some testing the TA-10 is just fine with its internal dac.