Funny Picture/GIF/Video thread

1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, your system is cool, but does it produce shockwaves?

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

that was awesome. however, it’s also why I would never go to a concert. I could not physically handle the pain noise of that decibel would cause me.

I love how people quote stuff like this - sure, there are entrepreneurs like that but that’s the exception and not the rule. On average, a person with an education is more successful. Not hating on either side, just look at statistics. Also - he did go to University.

1 Like

it’s true…but there seems to be more self made men with little to no education, just focus and put their nose to the grindstone to succeed.

the educated…seems they tend to rise up through the ranks of the corporate masters they serve and get recognized / promoted for their experience and lack of scruples.

1 Like

100% - Perhaps should have said financially successful. It’s another debate around lifestyle and work life balance in the corporate environment.

1 Like

I think the cause and effect of higher education and success in business has been conflated. Historically, people sought out a higher education because they had the drive, aptitude and interest to become successful. Those core skills are what yield higher incomes in the workplace or as an entrepreneur. They will do so with or without a degree.

Eventually, the degree itself, not the underlying skills were advertised as the key to success. Now we have a generation of people with degrees who aren’t reaching the anticipated incomes. This is because achieving a degree doesn’t nurture the skills that make an individual successful in business. Yes, there are some specific fields of study where a degree is almost essential for certain careers (like becoming a doctor or a lawyer), but I think those are becoming the exception rather than the rule.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like