Funny Picture/GIF/Video thread

9 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

As someone who is looking to get a smoker when i get a new house everyone suggests starting with a pellet. But is that really smoking?

My father’s pellet smoker is amazing and works wonders on stuff like burgers and steaks etc. I would also get a cheaper smoker for cold smoking cheese and stuff like that tho so you can keep the heat farther away.

2 Likes

Cheese smoking does sound nice.

2 Likes

Right, it’s probably more about convenience and accuracy

They’re banned in most competitions, because they take the bulk of the work out of smoking, i.e. monitoring and adjusting temperature.
But they put out a good product.

Well i feel a lot of the smoking engagement is the monitoring and tinkering. I mean they do make systems to keep offsets and the such monitored and regulated. Are those banned in comps too?

No because they monitor and don’t adjust.
Pellet smokers are just extremely consistent, If I do say a Pork Shoulder, about the only interaction I have is filling the hopper and wrapping it after X hours depending on how much smoke I want on it.
You still need to monitor meat temperatures, but most of the newer models have Wifi thermometers built in.
I use mine most weekends, Pork Ribs, Tritip, Pork Shoulder, Brisket and the occasional Chicken, and I wouldn’t go back to any other smoking technology.
But I have no aspirations to competition.

3 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

Wimbledon today…

8 Likes

My son has been enjoying the kph30i with Yaxi pads… but he wears them backwards and struggles with cable management.

8 Likes