Game fidelety 2020

hi all i am new to the audio market i watched the
2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmrkbWslcKs&t=1731s&ab_channel=ZReviews
game fidelety video and i was thinking of geting a new audio setup
my price point is 500$
i was thinking on getting a dac like the schiit hel
and i was considering between the monolith 1060c or the Audeze Mobius

Hey there, surprised nobody has chimed in on this yet lol. Welcome to hifiguides!

It appears you have a great starting budget here but I am curious on your selections of gear… You could get a much better setup out of that. Do you need the mic input of the schiit hel? Perhaps it’s the small design thats appealing? It’s nice for sure but definitely nothing amazing and you can get a better stack setup around $40 cheaper than the Hel usually.

Is this for Console or PC?
is there any music involved? if so what genres do you listen to?
what sound signature would you say fits your preference? Some people are bass heads others like vocals some people love heavily detailed bright headphones etc.
is this only for casual use? no competitive?
It may help others, including myself, to suggest gear if we knew what country you were located in? Some hardware just is not obtainable in some places of the globe.

any particular reason you were considering these? I highly advise you skip the mobius… its pretty bad honestly.

1 Like

Gaming audio is boring. Always the same budget, same games, same starting point.

to each their own on that one maze.

Hey there, surprised nobody has chimed in on this yet lol. Welcome to hifiguides!

thanks!

i am new to the audio scene so this is what i found after research what other gear will be better for the budget?

Is this for Console or PC? ps4 pro and pc (will be glad if it will support ps5)

is there any music involved? if so what genres do you listen to? mostly rock metal classical

what sound signature would you say fits your preference? Some people are bass heads others like
vocals some people love heavily detailed bright headphones etc.

i guess fun sounding so i can enjoy more of the audio duno if it makes sense :slight_smile:

is this only for casual use? no competitive?
i play mostly RPG’s skyrim witcher 3 dark souls sekiro neir automota The outer worlds and some indies

for competitive i play mostly overwatch and Heroes of the storm

It may help others, including myself, to suggest gear if we knew what country you were located in? israel

because of the video i saw that i linked its the only available headphones for the price
right now
the argo mk3 and advenced alpha are not in stock they were better acorrding to what i found online