Gaming and guitar recording headphones

thank you for the help and im sorry if im asking too much , i just dont understand about all of this process.

let me see if i got it,

i need the Dual 1/4" TS to Dual RCA Stereo Interconnect Cable to connect the 1/4" side to the ione MAIN L&R , and the X2 RCA to the hp amp input?
there is 2 inputs on the hp amp?

connect them like this:?
https://blog.jdslabs.com/2018/03/how-to-connect-a-headphone-amplifier-to-an-audio-interface/

and for the hp amp , i will be happy for suggestions , i managed to stretched my budget to arround 100$.

and again , i really thank you for your help and sorry if my question are dumbā€¦

Yeah, just like that. I will actually suggest the jds labs atom amp in that range

Petrucci uses 650s

1 Like

I mean I would recommend the 650/6xx for sure, but thatā€™s over budget (unless you found a good pair used), open back (which he wasnā€™t initially looking for but I mean changes can happen), and also I think is fairly amp picky

hello everyone

i just received all the items.
i connected the a30 with the cables to the presonus ione and connected the 990 to the a30 .

i think something is wrong with one of them.
the 990 are distorted and unpleasant (bass) at mid-high volume , i check on different types of music and with my guitar.
when i connect my cheap headphones the sound is much louder and more clear with no distortionā€¦
could it be the a30 is not enough for the 990?

i waited for this so much and now i am really disappointed.

is there any way to check what is wrong?

i noticed one more thing.
when i play my guitar with distortion , it seems like the distortion gain is lower when i plug the 990, and it sound with more gain when i plug my cheap headphones.
i dont know if it related to this problem but it was too noticeable

So does the distortion carry over if you record from the ione?

do you mean the headphone distortion?
i havnt tried record anything, just played with different sounds ( even clean sound sounded bit distorted when the headphone volume was on high).

What gain setting have you tried on the topping amp, have you tried messing with those? Also did you max out your volume on the ione for the monitor control? The a30 should be plenty for the 990

The 990 can inhibit distortion if the bass is boosted