Garage 1217 Project Ember 2.1

http://garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_004.htm

Hybrid tube amplifier. They come as a kit 300$ or you can get them prebuilt for 50$ more. Highly customizable with a lot of features to make swapping tubes easy and to be able to use more tubes.

1 Like

I just bought this hybrid tube amp on ebay for 150$ :smiley: Ive heard a lot of good things about these amps from Garage 1217.

Anyone have this amp or any amps from this company? Theres also Project Kameleon for EQing headphones to a more neutral state.

Really wish Zeos would Review these

I have Project Polaris. Pretty awesome and lots of power. It’s cool that it’s adjustable, but the little jumper caps make the amp feel fragile. I’d put the sound between clean and tube, so I bet you’re going to get a good tubey sound out of this.

Is that the reason you bought it? It was a solid state with tube sound?

I bought it because I had $250 burning a hole in my pocket and it looked like the best amp available at that price. I only had a Schiit Fulla 2 at that point. Right now, I have it set up as a secondary rig because I want to have a reference amp and a tube amp connected to my PC for work and casual listening.

I’m not sure how much use the tube on the Project Ember amp i bought has on it (its used). Does anyone know of a good tube to replace it with? I like synth New Wave and bands like Simple Minds, U2, Duran, Tears for Fears Radiohead and the like. Layered walls of sound, atmospheric, moody.

Garage 1217 sells tubes too. Maybe they have something that looks good to you?
http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_008.htm

ah thanks, i didnt know about this. wow i had no idea that tubes could control things like soundstage, gain, midrange and nuetrality.

Only one way to find out! Haha.

Each tube will sound different lol. So…

tenor

1 Like

lol thanks mon, is there a cheap tube package combo i can get. dont want this to get too expensive

Not that I know of. I would start looking around for this particular amp to see what other people are using and what sounds good to them to find out what to look for. I’m not super experienced when it comes to nos tubes or anything like that so I can’t help you there

Time to necro this thread because:

I just got one!

And yes, there will be a review.

2 Likes
1 Like