General Stax Thread 🗿

You have taken the Red pill and you’re deep into the rabbit hole
There’s is no turning back.
There’s nothing to worry about.
Since
Now you can see the truth.
Now you’re part of the Stax Family

Or at least you would be if you knew anything about audio :wink:

I’d rather not see new expensive stax people fighting with vintage stax guys, be civilized, be active and have fun!

(Bonus tip: send pics of your rare stax for internet points)

2 Likes

Due to the complexities and variations within electrostatic headphones and even just Stax it would be better to have a full subforum for the topic, but nonetheless this is all that can be done currently without request. I should let the big bois know.

i’m surprised you’re the first one to make a thread for Stax.

I am T H E S T A C K

A review of the vintage Stax SRX MK3 (that came before the legendary SRX MK3 Pro made famous by Spritzer) by a great friend of mine Ken Rockwell
He’s mostly known for his camera guides and reviews but most people probably don’t know this
He’s a Huge Audiophile and takes this stuff very seriously
https://kenrockwell.com/audio/stax/sr-x-mark-3.htm

You’re friends with Rockwell? Cool. I wonder what he’d think of anything from the sigma series if he got his hands on them.

I have a technical question and would appreciate it if there was someone here who could answer my question. I purchased the SRS-3100 (L300, SR-252S, US power adapter) a while ago and have enjoyed listening to them thus far. I want to take that next step and move up to the L500. I was looking at ebay and saw a lot of Japanese sellers were selling the L500 at a pretty reasonable price. Would I have any issues if I purchased the L500 from Japan and paired it with the SR-2525 that I currently own? I’ll eventually buy a better energizer after i’ve knocked off some headphones on my list of must buy headphones. Thanks in advance

FORGIVE ME STAX THREAD! FOR I HAVE GIVEN UP THE FIGHT!!!

Yes the search for a used L700 has defeated me. and a used energizer has defeated me. Also dust. Dust has defeated me. I no longer can keep the dream, I have turned to Hifiman instead.

Specifically the Arya! :grin: I think that might deliver STAX like sound at a cheaper price and better balanced sound signature.

Bass yo! gotta have dat bass! :kissing:

L500 will pair just fine

Interesting to me :+1:

Here’s a few photos of the STAX gear I have. Fantastic sounding headphones. Older ones are much better than the new Advanced Lambda series.

Took the plunge, picked up a set of L500 mkii and D10 Energizer from APOS. Really excited but sucks I have to wait 2 weeks for them to come in the mail.

I have an old set (circa late 1990’s) which I zeos modded (currently on loan to a good friend as his used set gave up the ghost).
Interestingly we did a back to back test before they packed up and I much preferred his set but it turned out to be the Energizer.
The 252 was much smoother in the treble than my 212.