Geshelli ENOG2 2 Pro Review

why u selling the ENOG?

1 Like

I’m actually selling the Enog2 Pro, JDS Labs El Amp and my Modhouse Audio Argon mk 3 so that I can upgrade to an all in one dac amp combo so that I have more desk space. Also saving up for a potential open back headphone purchase.

Enog2 doesnt have a usb does it? What cable do I need? My laptop has usb and lightning

They probably make a lightning to spdif coaxial or lightning to spdif toslink cable. I am an android and PC user, so I wouldn’t know for sure.

But you can also buy a usb to spdif converter if you have usb. The Topping D10 also features USB to coaxial or toslink conversion.

1 Like

I’ve used this in the past. Works great. Remember though that with coaxial or toslink you’ll be limited to 24 bit 192 KHz.

3 Likes

Thanks for this… kinda shitty I need another box on my desk though

1 Like

I understand. That box is very small though, if it’s any consolation…

I have been wanting a new laptop :thinking:… I moved away from the iphone already

1 Like

that’s generally not an issue…unless you’re a really avid music aficionado, you never go over CD quality.

2 Likes

I bought this DAC a couple of weeks ago and have been listening to it paired with a THX 789. The whole chain had been like this all along:

FLAC > USB > DAC > RCA > 789 > XLR Senn HD650

Then a week ago I switched from USB to optical.

I ordered XLR patch cables at the same time as the ENOG2 but they didn’t come in until today. So now the chain is fully balanced and looks like this:

FLAC > S/PDIF (optical) > DAC > XLR > 789 > XLR Senn HD650

Any time I add new equipment to my chain, the test album I prefer to use first is Tool, Fear Inoculum. (96kHz/24bit)

The first thing I noticed when I swapped out the RCA interconnects for the new Hart Audio XLR interconnects was the big boost in power - which I expected would be the case. Very nice.

What I didn’t expect was the extreme level of clarity the change had over the RCA interconnects. It’s either this, or I just plain never noticed what I am about to describe, though I believe it is the former.

In track 2, Pneuma, I can hear the noise floor from the beginning of the song until about 1:27 and 1:31 where I notice a speck of static on the track and at 1:33 the noise floor drops out into perfect clarity as Justin’s bass guitar joins in at 1:36.

If I’m not mistaken, I think I hear the sound guy adjusting the mixer as the new instruments join in.

This isn’t something I’ve noticed before in my Schiit stack (Modi, Magni, Loki) or with the Geshelli/789 on the HD650’s, BLON B20’s or the DT880’s (250 ohm). I also hadn’t noticed it on my Pioneer XDP-300R DAP with the FiiO F9 Pro IEMs (balanced).

Is it possible I am hearing what I think I am hearing, the sound guy making adjustments, or am I COD (customer on drugs)?

Regardless, I am thoroughly impressed with the Geshelli and the 789. Excellent products all around and for a bargain price.

2 Likes

Not a bad combo. The ENOG2 is leaps ahead of the regular modi.

Increase power will result in cleaner sound.

I notice that even running the bal from the ENOG 2 to the thx and using the single ended sounds better, not just the balanced.

1 Like

Let me rephrase that… some times too much power can change the sound of an amp as well. Like I know some of my amps sound better the the ENOG 2 on the middle gain