Get AMPed! WaveTheory's Roundup of (most) <$200 Head Amps

e30 is rubbish, it has cursed 2d left to right imaging with no depth to the soundstage. Its allright with bass, kinda slow, not really inpactful, sounds thin and boring.

@Kkk Not my experience at all with the e30. Seems fine with my Asgard 3. (may change my mind if/when I get a Bifrost, lol.)

I went to diy. First an ak4399 based dacs on op627 output stage, single R-core transformer. It was faster, punchier, more detailed and transpared, staged much deeper and wider than topping e30, sold my topping.
Than i have got an pcm1794 based dac with class a biased output stage working on lme49990. A single, but huge toroidal transformer and fans, on a dac, yes.
It sounds slower and darker than 4399, yet stages huge(much taller, wider, deeper). Subbase became deeper, more palpable and physical. It was cheaper than e30 and i would never come back. Give dacs a chance, it will improve your audiophiliac journey.

1 Like

@Kkk Hmm. You’ve done some work! Thanks for the info. I have to rely on pre-made, as I have little electronics knowledge/ability, but this is good to know.