Getting together my first nice setup

So basically trying to upgrade from what I have to a bit more audiophile setup. Current use cases are meetings, calls, lots of music, some games (cut down alot since my teens), and some sound recordings.

Current setup:
SHP9500s
Sybia Sonic DAC/amp
Vmoda boom pro

Prospective setup:
Sendy Aivas
JDS labs EL stack
AT2020 mic
Focusrite solo interface

I’ve heard mixed things about the Avias so I’m open to opinions but trying to stay around that budget

1 Like

I use the Blon B20, avia clone, with my EL2 stack and I enjoy them but they are my least used cans. The reason for this is the EL stack is so clean that the blons can come off as harsh/shouty. In the spendy price range with the EL stack I’d look at the Aeon RT or for a little more the focal elex. Above that price definitely take a look at the LCDX as they pair amazingly well with the EL stack.

Ya I was taking a look at the LCDXs, and possibly even the LCD-2s but that’s kinda stretching alot for me I think.ill definitely take a look at the Aeons and Focals!

1 Like

You might want to check out the Ananda as well. Being a bigger driver than the sendy you might get more impact and bigger sound. I still have it on my short list.

1 Like

For sure! I’ll add it to the list! IDK if I wan’t something super harsh. I think I prefer a bit more treble than bass, but I’m honestly too new to judge that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Hifiguides community! Hope you like it around here.

Was there anything you found lacking in the shp9500’s or thought you wanted more of?

1 Like

I’ll recommend my first audiophile headphones and they are the Beyerdynamic dt880 600 ohm. They scale with your setup so they just keep improving if you decide to upgrade your dac and amp. They are neutral bright in presentation so I believe the treble will be favorable for your preferences if you do favor the highs more than the low end. They also sound great on tubes.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check them out! I really enjoyed the SHp9500s but I think I wanted a bit more circular sound stage and a bit more reach on the low and high ends. I think the biggest thing for me was getting the upgrade to the nice dac and amp (thinking the EL stack for simplicity but lmk if I should explore). Also moving the mic off my face I think was a big component of why I want to shift away.

1 Like

Ive never heard the el stack myself so i cant say but i like the topping e30 and asgard 3 combo for my dt880s and everything else i have. However, its a long wait time for a new one and used units are sometimes hard to come upon. But a dac and the asgard 3 is worth checking out.