Go-to hot sauce?

What’s your go-to hot sauce? For me, it’s gotta be Torchbearers Garlic Reaper sauce.

This stuff I swear goes good on anything. One of the best reaper sauces I’ve tried.

1 Like

Call me boring, but still nothing tops good, old-fashioned Frank’s Red Hot for me:

I’m the embodiment of the company’s marketing slogan: “I put that sh*t on everything!” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Garlic reaper is awesome (could be my no 1 choice for wings).

For something milder, the Torchbearer Pineapple Habanero is pretty good.

Similar heat to Garlic Reaper and also good - the Pain Is Good series.

It is a boring pick, but Cholula Chili Garlic sure works for me broadly.
For the vinegary southern-style hot sauces, I like Crystal (also the garlic variant I enjoy - there’s a theme here).
I’m not sure if it ranges into a different category, but I love Nando’s Peri Peri sauces.
I love bottled sauces so much, but I’m not a massive heat-seeker anymore. Just a bit is good for me.

1 Like

The green and red in the front are go-to

2 Likes

Love those, love the way the green looks too.
That sauce or one extremely similar — I inadvertently dumped a massive amount of during a stressful “meeting their extended family dinner” as a young person. I paid for that dearly.

1 Like

Sometimes I dump too much on trying to impress myself and pay for it dearly :laughing:

2 Likes

Tabasco sriracha. Its basically a Tabasco sauce with no vinegar separation issues with a little garlic taste. The thickness makes it harder to oversaturate food with it since it sits on the surface unless you are mixing it into a soup.

Second from the left for me :clap:

1 Like

I still need to try the 2 on the left and the black one. Might have to order them since I never see them around in stores.

Yep- And when it’s not hot enough I sprinkle a couple grains of Kivas Smoked Ghost Pepper

1 Like

Damn. Why the f did I click on this? Now I gots ta make me sum nachOs!

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t seek infernal heat. I like warmth with extra zest and flavor. Frank’s nails that sweet spot for me.

Sadly my favorite brand retired recently. Crazy Gringa Hot Sauce was a a family owned and operated in Omaha, that started as a farmers market thing several years back when we lived there.

I have moved to using Sriracha and make homemade blends with garlic, brown mustard, and BBQ sauce, depending on what I am making.

3 Likes

I vote for Frank’s and I do put that on everything.

On a side note I am self professed Pitt Boss . I have made my own BBQ sauce forever but came across this one and never looking back best I have ever tasted.

Lillie’s #5 Hot & Smokey BBQ sauce

https://images.app.goo.gl/RsMBp7Z39N1AN8B56

1 Like

you have to try this!

2 Likes

I’ll take the powder spice over a sauce any day.

I’m always down for red pepper flakes.
With a sauce of choice on top…

1 Like

I HIGHLY recommend trying Valentina to anyone who can enjoy a mild hot sauce. It’s cheap and can be found in the Mexican section if it’s not with the rest of the sauces.

1 Like