God tier home theater set up?

Hey we are talking GOD tier here not human tier, therefore everything would be ideal lol

5 Likes

Salk Sound gives me the heart flutters… I’ve heard some of the exotica line and the signature soundscape and it was bliss. Requires monster power but still a beautiful sound and the design is right up my alley.

1 Like

I guess something Like this

Only one theater God goes to, and it’s at Robs house…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/2544881-ht-month-hahn-theater.html%3Famp=1

Seriously, if money were no object, I’d copy Hahns theater to the letter

I would literally do unspeakable things for that theatre setup

Have to say that is pretty daaaaaaaaam nice.
I would still change all the speakers but the base and structure. Suberb.

I don’t think commercial theaters put that much care into their design. Certainly the ones in my region did not.

Same, commercial theaters around me are pretty plain as well. I’ve been to a few nicer ones around LA but nothing like this. This guys private theater puts even the best public theaters to shame.

I think most commercial theater speakers are JBLS or Klipsch

that’s a great excuse by itself right there.
Go for God level and not peasant.

If I had the Unlimited choice I dont know if I would go that large tbh. I prefer a large but still intimate experience and I’m not sure what I would gain from a full 25 ft screen
But I would either do PMC or Triangle behind the screen

I guess no Money issues means for me:
Quadral aurum titans :grinning:

200in screen Every ch full range. sofas instead of recliners for the 2nd row, countertop with bar stools for the back row.

Can speak from some experience that I dislike recliners for the most part simply because I want the ability to lounge like a cat across the whole couch in the first row.

1 Like

Im thinking the front and middle row will share the sweet spot. So its interchangable. Dont see the point of theater seating layout, if youre pouring foundation on those high dollar builds. I would elimate rows and seats to gain space. That is one of the reasons not to watch a movie even with the big recliners it feels like being a victim of human trafficking.

Man im hoping to have a nice 2ch set up for music tv and movies one day.

I think for my god tier i wouldnt go with a projector because there are always interferences or issues with a surface but then again i guess gods would snap those out of existence. I still thing the big TVs are a better more consistent image.

Audio wise, for me it would be getting the bass right and im not a bass head. How many times in movies they show that shot across a busy city street and the bass rumbles and phases weird. Ever stand waiting for a light to change on a busy city street? It doesnt sound or feel like that.

1 Like

Guess thats why you dont see anyone using commerical gear its got that PA sound.

I’d do McIntosh monoblocks for every speaker and Martin Logan Renaissance electrostatic speakers

1 Like

Thought of doing something like this dudes HT. Its like the inside of a GMC danali. :laughing: