šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Making the account and adding the address was pretty easy here, but it seems that the item does not ship to the Netherlands. Also: contacting the seller is a thing that it proving to be difficult for me.

First you need to go to wangwang.taobao.com and download the blue app, aliwangwang. Install that and sign in with your taobao account info, then click on the logo highlighted in the pic on the item page on taobao.

1 Like

Thanks! Trying that now. Really hope he can ship to the Netherlands :slight_smile:

1 Like

The aliwangwang app can be a little difficult without translation, but I just used my cell phone with the google translate app. You can use the camera mode and look at your monitor through your cell camera and it will translate the Chinese for you.

1 Like

It sucks, haha! Iā€™ve been in a loop trying to connect an email address to it. It just wonā€™t let me. And I canā€™t recall that I filled in a password, so cannot login to aliwangwang either.

Sucks, price is really great there at Taobao. Does anyone have a direct mail address for the seller? Or can anyone ask one ;)?

So, I just received my pair from Linsoul today. Iā€™m not sure if they sent me the wrong hybrid pads, but they have a D shaped interior. This is different than any stock pictures advertised anywhere nor in any reviewer pics. Here are pics of them. Not sure if these will affect the sound any different than the oval interior hybrids. I will not know. My set came with the 4.4 Pentacon plug.

8 Likes

looks like you got the d, how do they sound?

2 Likes

wow. the d-shaped pads looks different. kinda like HD800. I can only assume itā€™s some new pad revision. when I press mine hybridsinto this shape with my fingers more highs and air appear. maybe this is a response to objections regarding the highs by some reviewers?

Iā€™m following this with interest, though I confess to being in the ā€œprefers not to buy Chinese when possibleā€ camp for a bunch of reasons that probably should be left for a different forum. Itā€™s clear that Chi-Fiā€™s disrupting the audio world big time by blowing away so many of the established brands with offerings at remarkably low prices. Hopefully that will be for the best by forcing everyone else to up their game, though itā€™s also possible theyā€™ll make it so that all audiophile stuff will be Chinese except for a handful of super high-end boutique things.

I will say in response to the debate about Zā€™s hype that heā€™s never steered me wrong on a number of purchases, though those have all been at the lower end. Also, I understand several things about audio reviews about which Z makes no secret. The most important is the high degree of subjectivity with regard to sound. We all like different things. Also, weā€™re all comparing our own listening experience to other listening experiences weā€™ve had. Mostly weā€™re comparing what weā€™re hearing to what we remember hearing ā€¦the remembering of a subjective listening experience is doubly subjective. Subjective squared, I guess.

Finally, new things are coming out all the time. So it doesnā€™t bother me that Z or anyone else is hyping product X at the moment when just six months ago he was hyping something else. In fact Iā€™m rather astonished by how quickly things move in the audiophile world. Iā€™m someone who comes and goes from this forum. Iā€™ll go a few months without checking in and then start reading again, only to find people recommending stuff I hadnā€™t heard of before. My sense of what the current forum favorites were proves to be out of date.

Of course Iā€™m one to agonize over purchases for a long time, especially when weā€™re talking about things I donā€™t need. These basically are luxury purchases. I have perfectly good headphonesā€¦which means that itā€™s hard for me to justify buying anything new just because I want to (Oh, and believe me I do). Iā€™m not an early adopter whoā€™ll go throw money at something immediately after Z says so regarding an item no one else has reviewed. In time the reviews will pile up, and a clear consensus will emerge. My bet some will say Z was right. Others will say they get why Z was excited but subjectively found that this or that was problematic, and theyā€™re sticking with their favorite.

2 Likes

I ordered my GL2000 on January 18th. directly from Linsoul. Shipping was last Monday. Today I got a call from DHL Germany regarding customs. They want a proof of purchase / account statement from me showing the payment. Well, wrongly declared goods do not protect against surprises by customs. I should have ordered from Amazon once - now itā€™s getting expensive ā€¦

1 Like

Damn, the takstar 82 pro from aliexpress went thru customs in germany and i didnā€™t had to pay anything
But yeah, always expect it to happen.

you donā€™t need to show them the proof. read carefully e-mail from them. I send them only scan of my declaration where I write that is worth 99$.

Too lateā€¦didnā€˜t got an email from them. They kinds tricked me in sending the purchase proofs before the email. ā€žTo speed things upā€œ.
Thanks for the tip anywayā€¦

too bad. Iā€™m sorry. I hope that you will like GL2000 as I like them :slight_smile:

WOW this thread has introduced a lot of new members/first time postersā€¦Welcome to HFGF :smiley:ā€¦@F.KPunkt @Grendel_Xian @Peter_van_der_Ham @unknowndarkness @Commodore6ix4our @ResolveReviews @rSucc @Musicjohn @woobi32 @Sanity @Roger_Huston @VielenDank @conquerator2 @Pankar0 @Skogstokig @Moya @Wreckreation @Jasso @_Piotr @Jonas_Segura @SmestarZ @Ishanty @Mainframe @Blessed_Red @Evo_KnEvo @Walrus @Jack_Latester @coreyp @burnart @samwell @Crafty_Coin @PacificBuyer @sdwater

18 Likes

That @ResolveReviews is kinda suspicious, think Iā€™ve seen him somewhereā€¦

4 Likes

What is this declaration? Do I have to ask Linsoul for such a document?

I also wanna know.

Do you just write a note by hand saying its worth $99 ?
Or do I ask Linsoul for the declaration?

For me it was FedEx. And they sent me an e-mail with PDF. PDF has blank spaces to fill by hand. They also said something in the mail like:
Supplement the following information on the enclosed statement:

o Value of goods and shipping costs with correct currency. If the cost of transport is unknown, please enter ā€˜-ā€™ (hyphen). In this case, we will declare the cost of transport as indicated in our system.

o Detailed description of the goods (the so-called invoice translation) - Providing a detailed description of the full content of the shipment based on individual invoice items in order to properly calculate them. What is the trade name of the product, its use, what material it is made of, what device it is.

Additionally, please send the order confirmation and payment for the goods, e.g. in the form of a copy of the online transaction (if the goods have been purchased).

But I didnt give this to them - only declaration (PDF). And it was enough. I did it last time and with GL2000. No problems at all. Maybe different couriers have different requirements.

But if you give them name of the product, wonā€™t they check it?