🔶 GoldPlanar GL2000

This is the official thread for the GoldPlanar GL2000. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • Amp needed (Single Magnet)*
  • Open Back
  • 530 grams (Double Magnet)

Double or Single Magnet versions available. Increased Efficiency with double magnet. Comes with 2 pads and Waterproof Carry case and 4.4 Balanced 6’ Cable.

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon Link

:red_circle: HifiGuides Linsoul Link

:red_circle: HifiGuides DROP Link

Reviews…

Z Reviews

7 Likes

Began my journey this year into the audiophile jungle thanks to Zeos, and this is the most excited I’ve ever seen him for a pair of cans.

How do these compare to the Sundaras? Are they in different camps soundwise?

8 Likes

Above and beyond. They barely sound like headphones really. So many sounds in so many places.

10 Likes

Bout to be putting my stimulus into good use lol

7 Likes

Could a BTR5 power these?

4 Likes

I was thinking on getting the T60 Argons latter this year, now I want to try this one. I can only hope to find them later in the year. :sob:

4 Likes

This or Ananda?

4 Likes

Super tempting me this, dammit Zeos!

3 Likes

At this point I am also waiting for my T60RP Argons to ship…and I am also considering buying the GL2000 as well… Should I? I dunno… but my wallet will suicide soon I believe :smiley:

5 Likes

Do it…

We need more feedback :+1:

6 Likes

Z says this

2 Likes

can a good soul please link me a replacement cable, i don’t have any devices 4.4, im terrible at cables, would prefer xlr

6 Likes

I think its just a dual 3.5

2 Likes

Yep just pick your preferred out to a dual 3.5mm cable…Amazon, Hart Audio etc.

4 Likes

perfect thank you

2 Likes

Anyone know the weight of these?

2 Likes

I’ve been dying to try those as well (the Argons) They sound like the perfect TV/Movie headphones.

3 Likes

Half of it for me is the build, machined wood looks so nice to me. But the idea of a wide but not dark argon is like dream.

Still, I’ll have to wait until mid year, so let’s see how things progress.

2 Likes

as some one who has a set of T60rp Argons. Yes they are great, but my opinion may not be trustworthy as my hearing is not in the best shape. The base is solid, nothing to write home about. The mids are worthy, and the treble detail is all there. But I do find that due to them being more or less a closed back they put a lot of air pressure on my inner ears and they still have that annoying peak in the 1-2k range so they do get fatiguing for me. They are a bit heavy, but they are super comfortable especially with the suede pads, the suede are the way to go for the t60’s.

5 Likes

I got double sided magnet version as well. Zeos ain’t trippin, these are excelling on tracks the headphones in my last vid did not.

Get the double.
I had a production unit of single sided and never did a vid cuz it was meh. Make sure the reviews you check are the double sided ones

20 Likes