šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

i have atom and topping a50s. definitely need to go balanced on these.
i just listened to Danzig - how the gods kill. itā€™s not at all piercing when he sings loudā€¦ the guitars and drums do have presenceā€¦ and I can even hear whispers towards the end of the song. This is my first hearing of the song, so I have no comparison to what it should sound likeā€¦ but thatā€™s my honest take on it.

you have to train your ears to be able to hear/pick out compression

4 Likes

Interesting.
If there was a portable device with bluetooth that also produces a lot of power , Iā€™d buy it now.

But it does not exist, however have the feeling it will arrive pretty soon now, So I donā€™t want to spend money on something I wonā€™t use.

Iā€™ll have to sit on it for now.

Danzigā€¦ hell yeah. How the gods kill is one of my favorite songs!

So good! :ok_hand:t2:

Wow, thank you for this video!
The dude speaks about the individual instrumentā€™s compression. This usually improves the dynamic range, and is different from the infamous loudness war.

2 Likes

I have tried these wit the Schit Modius and Magnius and on the HiBy New R6 2020 and I think both drive these well. I still need to try on the HiBy R5 and Fiio BTR5 to see how those do.

Ifi Xcan in balanced is what youā€™re after. 1watt @ 32 ohms. Provides a good amount of current as well @ 0.17 amps. The GL2000 will reach 129db.

How about xduoo xd 05 balanced? With the add on BT thing

1 Like

The xd-05 Bal has a built in Bluetooth, BUUUUUT I wouldnā€™t suggest anyone to buy it yet. Thereā€™s practically no review on it today and I have some suspicion that there would be only a little improvement from the xd-05+, but weā€™ll see.

1 Like

So I just received my double sided set from drop.
Iā€™m concerned because the hybrid pads on mine are visibly different to the ones in your video. Mine have D shaped ear holes and are slanted so that they are thicker towards the back of the head than Infront of the near.

Also looking at the shape of the D holes the are not symmetrical. They are wider at the top and more pointy at the bottom, like real ears. The problem is it looks like Iā€™ve received two Right hybrid earpads and no Leftā€¦ QC issues sadly and given that itā€™s the pads I wonder how different mine could be sounding to yours.

The pads look like the ones in your upcoming GL850 review (yeh Iā€™m patreon subby). Are the fabrics of your gl2000 and gl850 hybrid pads the same?

Can please please you do a pad swap of the GL2000 and Gl850 hybrids and see if there nare any notable difference?

EDIT - the GL850 hybrids are not perforated whilst the GL2000 hybrids are, so a pad swap in this case wonā€™t help. As @J0nTit0r is suggesting, a Z review update with the d shaped perforated pads would probably be best

2 Likes

the pad question has been discussed at length above. idk if Z is going to respond to this thread much anymore.

1 Like

Although the pad change has been mentioned all over the place, has anyone actually compared them with the old ones? I feel that if @ZeosPantera could be that person to compare them, it would help a lot of people out.

did he buy multiple pairs to get both pads?

I believe that @Knee_Deep_In_Epoxy was suggesting that he wants Z to compare/try the gl2k with gl850 hybrid pads, I guess the set look like they may have the new D shaped pads. My reason for saying that I would like to see Z get his hands on the D pads is because he said these were his favorite headphone, and essentially started the hype train on them. So if anyone should make a comparison on the originals vs the D shaped pads I feel it should be Z or BGGAR.

The SMSL SP400 has more than enough power. It can power the Susvara, HE6 or the 600 ohm single ended dt880.

That being said you may be gimping it a little with the SU-9. The sp400ā€™s matching DAC, the M400, puts out a hot 5.4v out of the XLRs. I could be wrong but I donā€™t think the SU-9 gives it the juice it needs.

1 Like

Amazon policy is that the quoted price is incl. VAT etc. It should be an all in price.

However linsoul doesnā€™t have this covered, at least not for all EU countries, so after you order you get an email that they will only ship them if you agree per email that you will have to pay applicable VAT/import fees at the door / at delivery. Which can easily be ~20%.

So this very very annoying and Linsoul should get their sh*t together and make sure the Amazon price is all you have to pay regardless from which EU country you order.

As I understood the final price is VAT included if it is fulfilled by Amazon, which Linsoul isnā€™t. About the ā€œnot for all EU countriesā€ thing - they just chose some trusted delivery companies that wonā€™t make a fuss about reducing the price on paper to make the buyer avoid VAT. For some countries that trick just doesnā€™t work. Itā€™s just they do this for us. But thatā€™s my understanding, could be wrong.

2 Likes

I was just kidding. The amp power is more than adequate for the GL2000.
SU-9 has 5.3 volts out at full volume on XLR. On high gain I run SP400 around volume level 40/99, so plenty of headroom.
GL2000 performs very well technically. General Image and Resolution Test from Dr Chesky tests CD is something you have to hear to believe.
However I still expect more from GL2000. I want to love them, I can see the potential.

No, youā€™re right. I ordered my GL2000 from the US amazon, and I received them in the UK without any customs, VAT or other additional charges. I was chuffed to bits.

2 Likes