šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

GL2000 have a lot of bass and sub bass. A lot as quantity, and occasionally quality and texture. If your recording has it, they will play it. They are also warm.

1 Like

When you say the GL2000 Ifi sounds better, do you mean with Ifi Zen dac / can stack? Iā€™m thinking about getting that stack

I tried quite a few ifi amps with them, but yeah they sound pretty nice on the can stack

I have the same problem but my right side never worked at all. I tried 3 cables, 2 amps, and 24 hour burn in. Its a QC thing and returned them. Unfortunately the Chinese New Year is slowing down the process. I asked for the 3.5mm to xlr cable (wasnā€™t available when I ordered early January) and if they want to charge me extra Iā€™m just going for a refund.

really wish I could get like the tonality of a T1.2 but in a planar like this one with itā€™s soundstage and air qualityā€¦ would sure as hell be nice. Search continues for the perfect planar for me.

1 Like

Have you tried the lcd 2 prefazor by any chance?

Tried it? I own that one lol it sits on my wall. Very good but I wouldnā€™t say that ones bright

1 Like

Ah gotcha. And I didnā€™t mean that it was bright was just curious if you had tried one lol

oh yeah, I love the lcd-2. It does tend to compete with the T1 3rd gen on my wall currently thoughā€¦ I do contemplate which I would rather part with but never got around to that. Nah, I need to get around to Verum and Phantomā€¦ heard phantom may be able to be modified to what I am searching for but time will tellā€¦ I think T60RP Argons may be able to get there too but no clue never tried that versionā€¦ regular argons are nice as hell, for bass argons are gorgeous

uh oh now you mentioned the LCD-2, your gonna have to compare it to the GL2000 :stuck_out_tongue:

lol depends, gl2k pre-eq or post eq?

iā€™m tellin you man, make a t1.2 in a dt990 shell. its on my to do list and i think its gonna be great. drivers are $300 and 990 shell replacements are cheap as shit.

doubt it will replicate this much stage and air though manā€¦

yeah probably not this good but with the dished drivers and the really open back design of the 990s or maybe an 880 with the grills pulled off and all that garbage inside pulled out i feel like it could be really big sounding. maybe with some fatty pads too.

GL2K post EQ for sure vs LCD 2 post EQ

1 Like

I got my pair from Amazon and bought another one 2 days ago and it already shipped today. Amazon said I would get a full refund. They do sound great to me hence buying again. This time got the Amazon warranty thoughā€¦

Thatā€™s good to hear, been wanting to give these a listen for sooo long now. I purchased through Linsoul so Iā€™ve been getting contact every few days over email. Hopefully, it wont be another month waiting or I might lose my mind. Looking for a planar upgrade for my he4xx and these sound like they could be the ones without breaking the bank.

Someone mentioned Crins EQ? Where could i find it? What are some good eqs for this?

1 Like

I tried this but it makes no sense. It boost treble so much that it becomes razor sharp.